Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: Players that absolutely and utterly MAXED out their talent's/game's - Redliners

Peak Davy> Peak Nalby

In fact except BH lob i struggle to think of one facet in the game where Nalby is better at.
Lol don't you think Nalbandian's volley was much better?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Soderling. He knew what he could and what he could not do.

·
Premium Member
9,929 Posts
Feliciano Lopez, Ferrer, RBA, Berdych, Del Potro, Raonic.

Canada fans will get up in arms, but it's true. His Serve is as good as it can get. His forehand is as good as it can get. His volleys are as good as it is going to get.

He is at full potential right now. His ROS has been awful since 2012 and has only gotten marginally better, same with the backhand. Same for his footwork.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Berdych has defo not maxed his talent, quite the opposite.

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,929 Posts
Del Potro maxed his talents in 2009. Injuries have taken him away from his 2009 potential.

Del Potro is as good as he is going to get. His FH can't get any better and his BH is very solid. His serve is pretty great. The only things he could do better on his net game, which will never happen just because of his build and body type. Also his footwork really can't get much better.

Bar injuries, Del Potro has maxed his talent.

Berdych has maxed his talent as well. The rest of his game is put together, but he has reached his max potential on his mental game.His mental threshold is very low and hasn't gotten any better over the years, nor has he proved that it COULD get any better.

Please refute my arguments, instead of claiming that I don't watch tennis.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Ferrer, Robredo, Granollers, RBA, Anderson, Murray

·
Registered
692 Posts
Del Potro maxed his talents in 2009. Injuries have taken him away from his 2009 potential.

Del Potro is as good as he is going to get. His FH can't get any better and his BH is very solid. His serve is pretty great. The only things he could do better on his net game, which will never happen just because of his build and body type. Also his footwork really can't get much better.

Bar injuries, Del Potro has maxed his talent.

Berdych has maxed his talent as well. The rest of his game is put together, but he has reached his max potential on his mental game.His mental threshold is very low and hasn't gotten any better over the years, nor has he proved that it COULD get any better.

Please refute my arguments, instead of claiming that I don't watch tennis.

I am quite sure by now that you do not follow tennis

Del Potro was 20 when he won his slam, he obviously had not maxed his talent
without that injury, he would have become a different player, especially mentally, even though he is strong in that department

Berdych is the perfect example of a player, who has not maxed his talent
"max potential of his mental game"? this does not make sense at all

·
Administrator
14,817 Posts

Canada fans will get up in arms, but it's true. His Serve is as good as it can get. His forehand is as good as it can get. His volleys are as good as it is going to get.

He is at full potential right now. His ROS has been awful since 2012 and has only gotten marginally better, same with the backhand. Same for his footwork.
I'm not up in arms, but I'm not sure it's true yet. He's close to his potential. I still think he can improve some aspects of his game. Mostly his shot selection and placement. His ROS and BH have this biggest room for improvement, in the last little bit have seen some improvement.

I say he's got another year or two before he's reached his max potential.

·
Registered
13,380 Posts
Even if you believe that Milos can't improve his ROS or footwork any further (I don't quite buy it yet...he's still just 23), he still can get better mentally. And that makes a huge difference at the level he's at.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Seppi definetly has maxed his talent given his limited game, especialy weak serve.
Maybe he could had a better start of carrer as he's been playing his best tennis not before his late twenties. A little stronger mentality would help too. Another one who got better with years, a late bloomer. :)

·
Premium Member
8,639 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

:spit:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Among current prominent ones, Federer, Nadal, Ferrer, Troicki, RBA,Lopez, Robredo, Monaco, Troicki.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ferrer, Nieminen, Robredo, Seppi, Youzhny, Hewitt, Monaco for example.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Nadal has squeezed every last drop out.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts