Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG seems to have a pretty strong influence on the sport when it comes to owning tournaments, negotiating endorsements and organizing exos. Does anybody know which players in the top 100 they represent?

So far I know of the ff:

Federer
Nadal
Gasquet
Blake
Haas

I also clicked on their "tournament management" section in their site and they say that they "manage" the ff:

Australian Open
Chennai Open
China Open
Medibank Open
Open Gaz de France
Wimbledon

Isn't there a conflict of interest if they manage tournaments and players at the same time?

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
I thought you were talking about players with IMG Modeling contracts because that's Vaidisova, Sharpie-ova, and Blake I think.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
IMG also reps Donald Young, John McEnroe, Gimelstob, Philippoussis, and Davenport. Pretty sure they own the Indianapolis tournament, but that might be one of the others.

SFX has a vested interest in a few tournaments, as does Octagon, so all of the 3 main agancies in tennis have both players and events in their potfolios.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information Fee. SFX does have a good tennis portfolio but I don't think it's to the extent that IMG does where they manage 3 out of 4 slams. (RG is also listed in their portfolio, along with Oz and Wimbledon.) Elite owns Madrid (I think) because of Ion Tiriac but I don't think the other companies are as heavily vested in tennis as IMG is.

I suppose the next question is how many IMG managed tournaments are won by IMG managed players?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts