Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peak Tsonga, Peak Delpo, Peak Blake, Peak Soderling, Peak Gonzo, Peak Wawa.

Maybe peak Davy?.
I'm doubting to include peak ferrer but his form in WTF from quite a few years ago was quite scary.

I mean players who had runs where they appeared incredible impressive, unstoppable, over-confident and hitting the ball harder than anyone else.

Anyone else?

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peak Rosol - one of the finest displays of ball-bashing ever.
Indeed, but he peaked for too short to even consider it a peak. Lets say if he would have had at least one big run at some big tournament like Gonzo, Tsonga or Blake had.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Peak nalbandian and safin
Peak nalby as good technically as he was, he never got that invincible aura, not even for a weak. He also was never extremely agressive and overwhelming his opponents.

Safin was just a pretty good player, with good technique and complete game, but I never saw him on real fire for a whole week unlike gonzo, tsonga, blake and the likes.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Peak heya :worship:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
1. Peak Soderling, he got !the Beast! in RG, he was already huge indoors. Very close to become a top Top guy.

2. Maybe Peak Roddick...but he got to be #1 and top4 top 3 on his time, it just that he wasn't an all around player but he was the best for sure...for some -short- time.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Soderling and it's not even close. Safin is a waste of talent, he could do better than all he did. Peak Davy is aslo quite a joy to watch. Tonsga, he could only peak for 1-2 match thanks to his DoA game, so it's just unluck for those who meet him early.
Btw Stan has not peaked yet, so don't count him.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Peak Tsonga obviously.

Or if you are poor Nadal, peak injured grass god Darcis.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Peak Tsonga
Peak Roddick
Peak Davydenko
Peak Safin
Peak Gonzalez
Peak Nalbandian
Peak Rosol
Peak Soderling
Peak Blake