Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Djokovic is second GOAT of all time, we already knew that.

Appreciate the stats though, that's really cool. (y)

Registered
nole by far the best, little difference between fed and muzza. roger 1 more slam and 3 masters, muzza YE # 1, about 4 months longer at the top and 2 Olympic golds (not shown).

so, the real question is: who is no3 in the last decade?

Ouch guess i was wrong

Registered
yeah let's just ignore that Federer was born in 1981, that his peak was in the previous decade and the ages of 30-40 are not commonly the prime years of anyone's career.

i mean, anybody would objectively say Djokovic was the best player in this decade. it can't be extrapolated, however, to say he's the best ever because it's clearly not an equitable comparison.

but no interest in engaging any further given blatant agendas here.

Registered
Murray besting Federer only in weeks at #1 and by that lone YE#1, all getting by Djokovic's burnout at the end of 2016.
Novak still miles ahead of Fedal.

Murray besting Federer only in weeks at #1 and by that lone YE#1, all getting by Djokovic's burnout at the end of 2016.
Novak still miles ahead of Fedal.
I see why you had a deep acc run now. If only this post was a week ago

Registered
I see why you had a deep acc run now. If only this post was a week ago
Wasn't it that way? If Djokovic was at his best, he would have won the USO final and at least 1 more Masters in the 2nd half of 2016 鈥 which would have put him ahead of Murray.
Conclusion: Murray would have never been #1 and couldn't close it as YE#1. Simple as that

You know it to be true yourself, don't pretend that it would be otherwise.

Registered
Amazed by Rafa's consistency!!! His stats this decade mirror that of the previous decade pro-rata (11 slams vs 9, 3 YE #1 vs 2, etc). The other two have been comparatively no-shows in one of the two decades!

Reactions: Nadalgoat 2

Registered
If Djokovic was at his best, he would have won the USO final and at least 1 more Masters in the 2nd half of 2016 鈥 which would have put him ahead of Murray.
Hum, Djokovic does not obtain in 2016 the same results as 2015 but we must keep in mind that 2016 remains a very good year for Djokovic, better than 2018 imo where he takes YE1, and also than 2012 and 2014, seriously, 7 titles, 2 slams, 4 MS.

Mainly a slack in Wimbledon after his success at RG, but it's not scandalous to lose OG vs DP, final slam vs Stan (already seen) or against Murray in the fall, when he won all the tournaments in Beijing, Shanghai, Vienna, Bercy, Masters.

It's as if we were saying that Federer in 2017 is not a good year overall because his 2nd semester is less brilliant than the first and he does not win YE1.

A player in his "best form" is not his average level ... nor that of his opponent.

Registered
decade clearly started in 2010 not 2011, even the tennis channel used 2010 as the start of the 2010s, I don't even like them at least they have common sense with this stuff. the topic is wrong to start with be still even using this fake start date Nadal was still way better than Federer, Murray bit unfair he was never close to the big 3 really great by him to be best of the rest in big 3 era. 2010s real stats majors Djokovic 16, Nadal 14 federer 5?.

Registered
Hum, Djokovic does not obtain in 2016 the same results as 2015 but we must keep in mind that 2016 remains a very good year for Djokovic, better than 2018 imo where he takes YE1, and also than 2012 and 2014, seriously, 7 titles, 2 slams, 4 MS.

Mainly a slack in Wimbledon after his success at RG, but it's not scandalous to lose OG vs DP, final slam vs Stan (already seen) or against Murray in the fall, when he won all the tournaments in Beijing, Shanghai, Vienna, Bercy, Masters.

It's as if we were saying that Federer in 2017 is not a good year overall because his 2nd semester is less brilliant than the first and he does not win YE1.

A player in his "best form" is not his average level ... nor that of his opponent.
I should have rather said, if Djokovic was at his normal level, meaning at his higher base level. Not that I would discrediting Murray there, but all in all he could have won so much in a row, because Djokovic underwent an imaginary phase in his career where he thought all is well when he trains little and does the rest in meditation, but it was the other way around which could be successful though. :cautious:

Registered
decade clearly started in 2010 not 2011
Uh, no, it's not clear.

I can understand that for convenience and ease when we talk about the 2010's, we include 2010.
And of course the big date that the Millennium change confirms this practice, but it is not an absolute rule.

Not more to force in a favorite player in a "decade", either. :)

Personally, I prefer to count "ten years" from 1 to 10., no to 0-9

Without having to quote Victor Hugo to establish this thesis. :)
Hugo was born in 1802.

Ce si猫cle avait deux ans ! Rome rempla莽ait Sparte,
D茅j脿 Napol茅on per莽ait sous Bonaparte,
Et du premier consul, d茅j脿, par maint endroit,
Le front de l'empereur brisait le masque 茅troit.

This century was two years old! Rome was replacing Sparta,
already Napoleon was piercing through Bonaparte,
and already in many places the emperor's forehead
was cracking the stiff mask of the First Consul.

Registered
decade clearly started in 2010 not 2011, even the tennis channel used 2010 as the start of the 2010s, I don't even like them at least they have common sense with this stuff. the topic is wrong to start with be still even using this fake start date Nadal was still way better than Federer, Murray bit unfair he was never close to the big 3 really great by him to be best of the rest in big 3 era. 2010s real stats majors Djokovic 16, Nadal 14 federer 5?.
Uh, no, it's not clear.

I can understand that for convenience and ease when we talk about the 2010's, we include 2010.
And of course the big date that the Millennium change confirms this practice, but it is not an absolute rule.

Not more to force in a favorite player in a "decade", either. :)

Personally, I prefer to count "ten years" from 1 to 10., no to 0-9

Without having to quote Victor Hugo to establish this thesis. :)
Hugo was born in 1802.

Ce si猫cle avait deux ans ! Rome rempla莽ait Sparte,
D茅j脿 Napol茅on per莽ait sous Bonaparte,
Et du premier consul, d茅j脿, par maint endroit,
Le front de l'empereur brisait le masque 茅troit.

This century was two years old! Rome was replacing Sparta,
already Napoleon was piercing through Bonaparte,
and already in many places the emperor's forehead
was cracking the stiff mask of the First Consul.
60% of people use 1 to 10, in the world as one posted showed in one of my topics you look it up yourself, so its clear to me I don't care that you say of course you think its unclear good with me as well. you yourself use 1-10 so you mostly agree with me anyway

Registered
as one posted showed in one of my topics you look it up yourself
Thanks, but with respect, I don't need to read your post here, yours or any other to have already experienced the ambivalence and multiple opinions on this subject.

its clear to me I don't care that you say of course you think its unclear good with me as well.

I'm not making you say it, because that's exactly it.
So I don't have to specify it myself
:D

Registered
Thanks, but with respect, I don't need to read your post here, yours or any other to have already experienced the ambivalence and multiple opinions on this subject.

I'm not making you say it, because that's exactly it.
So I don't have to specify it myself
:D
You Already said you use the 1-10 so Agree with Already I don't need to make you say Anything or want to you said it yourself. My point was topic start date really debate to say the least with big media tennis channel saying the same thing as me. It's really fanboy stuff to favourite player.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts