Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plane Carrying KHL’s Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Crashes In Russia, Leaving Just One Survivor
A Yak-42 passenger jet carrying members of the KHL's Lokomotiv Yaroslavl crashed on takeoff, the majority of players on board. (Early reports put the death toll at 36, or 44, or somewhere in between.) The survivor is said to have critical injuries.
http://deadspin.com/5837908/
:sad:
RIP

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Terrible thing to see when I woke up this morning. Basically the worst nightmare that can happen in a team sports situation.
RIP to them all.

·
Premium Member
20,524 Posts
Memories of ManU...

My deepest condolences.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Horribly tragic. RIP to the deceased, my best wishes go out to their families and friends who must be incredibly shocked and heartbroken, the other players in the league, and the lone survivor if he lives will need a lot of support to overcome the trauma of this situation.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lokomotiv's press-attaché said the whole roster+4 kids from youth team were on board. Says they were planning celepration of new season's start, that's why they took EVERYBODY to Minsk.
Horrible, just horrible :(

·
In hiding.
19,116 Posts
Rumour has it that Ruslan Salei wasn't on board, as he was waiting for the team in Minsk. Rest of the team seems to have died in the crash. :( Horrible.

Edit: Belarus news reports say Salei was on board as well. :(

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Alexander Galimov is said to be the one surviving the crash, don't know if it's true though.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Just an awful tragedy :sad:

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
Report of the NHL-site :bigcry: Even if I follow hockey mostly during worldchamps, cause of the stupid timing of the NHL-matches for me in Europe, I (tried to) follow especially Salei and Demirta over the last ten years at least. I really liked to see them play and always enjoyed it. This is simply a SHOCKING news. And Robert Dietrich was involved in uncountable heart attacking matches with the German team. The German team will miss him LOADS.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Alex Galimov and a plane crew member lived, but both are basically on their death beds and are in extremely critical condition, based on reports.

All of the team was on board, some reports stated that some of the players were elsewhere, but that is not the case.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Terrible. I don't know anything about hockey. Is it a big team?

I'm very sad about this tragedy.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts