Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In swedish: http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis/1.763627/pim-pim-nara-dromcomeback

My english isn't exactly flawless, but here's a rough translation from an article today in the swedish newspaper Expressen:

"Pim-Pim" close to a come back

Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson is moving closer to a long awaited come back. It can happen as soon as in US Open.
"I signed up for the tournament a week ago", the tennis star reviels.

Hard serving Pim-Pim has been troubled by injuries – mainly in the right shoulder – for two years. Slowly he's been working his way back after his last surgery.
Pim-Pim has now been training tennis for six weeks.
"I'm not hitting the ball as hard as I want yet, but I feel like it could work. I serve at 85-90 percent at the moment. It's around 125 mph, so it's ok. Haha."

If everything works out well there could be a come back for the 24 year old in US Open, which begins at august the 27th.
"It would be really cool to make a come back there, although I doubt I will be match fit in time. But why not sign up in case...? If I could somehow make it, it would be foolish not to sign up."

Pim-Pim wants to be 100 percent fit when he starts to play tournaments again.
"It's different to play three sets in a smaller tournament, than it is to play five sets against good players in US Open. I want to have a chance to win every tournament i participate in."

"A few weeks after US Open is more likely. To play the indoor season is reasonable."

Stockholm Open – which takes place between the 6th and 14th october – is one of this years main goals for Pim-Pim.
"I'm counting on playing and am hoping to win it. I made a come back about the same time last year and was in good shape. Now I am in even better shape."

Well, dunno if anyone found it interesting. I sure did. :) Hope you get in shape for US Open, Pim-Pim. Remember 2004! :worship:

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Thank you for the translation and the good news, jonas. I hope he can get back into the mix. Good luck, Pim-Pim. :)

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
:yeah: go and do some damage Pim-Pim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Its never good to see a player like joachim johansson have a career literally wrecked by injuries. Don't like the way you call him "pim-pim" though, why do you call him that?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ok very nice to hear about JJ, but I'm scratching my head a bit... He says he wants to have a chance to win every tournament he plays in, but is planning to play the USO this year...
I just hope he doesn't come back too early again.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Ok very nice to hear about JJ, but I'm scratching my head a bit... He says he wants to have a chance to win every tournament he plays in, but is planning to play the USO this year...
I just hope he doesn't come back too early again.
:haha: Even if he comes back 100% fit and sees the name Federer in the draw - he doesn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Its never good to see a player like joachim johansson have a career literally wrecked by injuries. Don't like the way you call him "pim-pim" though, why do you call him that?
The story commentators tell is that Joachim's little brother could not say his name so he started calling him Pim-Pim which I think is also the name of a local candy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts