Mens Tennis Forums banner

2481 - 2500 of 2833 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Thanks to Vale, this is Gaston on a snowboard trip to Bariloche, hanging with the Zabaleta.

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Thank you both for the lovely photos. :yeah:

Especially enjoyed the second one posted by reiko. A view that combines Gaston, a boat and the sea...
It couldn't be better. :)

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Thanks, Reiko. :smooch:

It's so relieving to see Gaston's photos. You see, Gaston is one of the few people who seem to me so easy to read, almost like an open book. Unbelievable, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks for finding those, Reiko!:D
I heard that Gastón came back to Bariloche for a couple of days, but I never get to see him even when he´s just a couple of blocks away!

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Thanks for finding those, Reiko!:D
I heard that Gastón came back to Bariloche for a couple of days, but I never get to see him even when he´s just a couple of blocks away!
I hope my dream to visit Bariloche becomes a reality in the next three or four years. Don't see any hope in meeting Gaston :lol:, but I'll definitely pay you a visit. Pretty sure you won't be shocked ;). So, it would be interesting in many ways.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Thanks for the photos Reiko. Mariano should keep the beard and 'stache.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I hope my dream to visit Bariloche becomes a reality in the next three or four years. Don't see any hope in meeting Gaston :lol:, but I'll definitely pay you a visit. Pretty sure you won't be shocked ;). So, it would be interesting in many ways.
That would be so great, Getta! Maybe we´re soul sisters;)

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Thanks, Kai. :) Always nice to see recent photos of Gaston.

It's a little bit puzzling to see him there "alone" in his thoughts, while he's witnessing the other players' efforts to win the DC tie.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
kai_soad;7653518/QUOTE said:
Thanks so much for posting those pics!:D

The Davis Cup turn-out was truly impressive. It was quite moving to see that all the Legión was out in force to support Argentina! First I saw Acasuso and Monaco, then Coria, then Gastón sitting with Jaite, after that I saw Zabaleta arriving, I saw Chela in the stands (he´s recovering from back surgery!) and other players like Arnold and Prieto. And of the famous ex players, Sabatini, Clerc and Paola Suarez were there.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Were you cheering your lungs out, Vale? :D
It´s a rather bittersweet feeling because it still hurts that Gastón isn´t out there playing when he was the emblem of the DC ties in Argentina, but the boys impressed me today. It was by no means a certain outcome! The 14,000 people cheered them on but in general they behaved very well - luckily Maradona wasn´t present!;)

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
It´s a rather bittersweet feeling because it still hurts that Gastón isn´t out there playing when he was the emblem of the DC ties in Argentina, but the boys impressed me today. It was by no means a certain outcome! The 14,000 people cheered them on but in general they behaved very well - luckily Maradona wasn´t present!;)
Perhaps isn't the appropriate place to admit that I don't like Maradona. :eek: Zinedine Zidane is my favourite football player.

Better to stop speaking off-topic. ;) It's my fault...

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Some things are more important than the individual.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Here´s a little pic that appeared in Olé. The article says that Gastón hugged Gaby Sabatini when he arrived, and that all around him people were demanding "Come back, Gato, come back".

Attachments

2481 - 2500 of 2833 Posts