Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent match from both guys, but Pico was just too good on the big points.

Great work Pico and also Nando played well this week, just wasn't strong enough mentally to take the sets to tiebreakers.

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
Nando :sad: :hug:
well done Pico :yeah: and good luck in the final :rocker2:

·
Registered
770 Posts
I love Nando, and he had a good run, but I am so happy for Pico. I think he has a great chance to be holding that trophy tomorrow.

Nando did looked a bit, erm, ticked at the end of that match. And not just the standard and expected 'I just lost a hard fought match' ticked.

For the stats nerds, this brings their h2h to 4-1, in Pico's favor.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Pico>Davydenko on clay.
:lol: You just can't get over the fact that Davy ripped Canas a brand new asshole at RG while Monaco couldn't even put up a decent fight :haha:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
:lol: You just can't get over the fact that Davy ripped Canas a brand new asshole at RG while Monaco couldn't even put up a decent fight :haha:
Maybe you remember the long debate I had with TennisMaster over a potential Canas - Kolya match up? It was in that threrad that the original statment was made that Pico was better than Kolya and perhaps in the smaller tournaments that may be true but you won't see Pico Monaco going SF, QF, SF in three consecutive RG's or see him battling Rafa stroke for stroke down to the wire in Rome. TennisMaster is a guy who knows little about match-ups and I gave him overwhelming evidence to show why Davydenko was a fantastic match-up to beat Canas but all he could say was "Canas is superior."

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Maybe you remember the long debate I had with TennisMaster over a potential Canas - Kolya match up? It was in that threrad that the original statment was made that Pico was better than Kolya and perhaps in the smaller tournaments that may be true but you won't see Pico Monaco going SF, QF, SF in three consecutive RG's or see him battling Rafa stroke for stroke down to the wire in Rome. TennisMaster is a guy who knows little about match-ups and I gave him overwhelming evidence to show why Davydenko was a fantastic match-up to beat Canas but all he could say was "Canas is superior."
Of course I remember it, that's why I mentioned that match in the first place.

"Tennis Master" :haha:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TennisMaster is a guy who knows little about match-ups and I gave him overwhelming evidence to show why Davydenko was a fantastic match-up to beat Canas but all he could say was "Canas is superior."
Pico matches up quite well with Dayvdenko, yet he plays poorly against Cañas, just proves tennis 101 to be true about match ups.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Well done, I like his chances for title #3. Nando shows signs of life, hopefully he keeps it up.

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Such a shame there had to be a loser in this match :sad:

Both guys played excellent tennis and both would have deserved to be a finalist.

Nando :hug: He sure found his form again and I do hope he'll do well the rest of the season :worship:

Pico please take the title now!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Pico matches up quite well with Dayvdenko, yet he plays poorly against Cañas, just proves tennis 101 to be true about match ups.
Well Pico Monaco is a good player on his day but he is the sort of player who it is tough to see ever going deep in a big event.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Pico Monaco is a good player on his day but he is the sort of player who it is tough to see ever going deep in a big event.
He did quite well at RG this year for the first time, he can improve on that, given the right circumstances, he could make a QF there.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
never in doubt, pico owns verdasco

1 - 20 of 24 Posts