PICK-A-LOSER (PAL) Montpellier
Welcome to Pick-A-Loser (PAL), the Dark Side of Prediction Games
Playing is quite easy: You're limited to 13 picks of any match over the tournament in the main draw. The scoring points behind each fixture (match) represents the points you get if the corresponding player wins. Those points will go to your position in the leaderboard and whoever has the most points at the end of the tournament is the winner.
I've been inspired to make an opposite version of PAW (PAL) which is a very good game (link here: https://www.menstennisforums.com/179-paw/) by @NextGenKing who has came up with an extremely great idea which is basically the opposite of Suicide Tennis and it's called Reincarnation Tennis (https://www.menstennisforums.com/4-games/957106-reincarnation-tennis-suggestion-thread.html) and if you want an example of how this game was played here for the first time as a trial here is the link: https://www.menstennisforums.com/6516-australian-open/956848-reincarnation-tennis-aus-open-edition.html
In order to play in this tournament you should post a commitment to play here (i.e. In, In please). The deadline for your commitment will be when the first ball is hit for main draw or when play has started. If you miss the deadline, you can still play by using a wildcard and these won't be used up as an all-year thing yet like in PAW as the game hasn't got any rankings or anything official yet and this is just an experimenting version.
Note: No commitment or WC means your picks are invalid up until you ask for a Wildcard.
Before posting picks, check that the matches haven't started yet. A pick that is posted after a match started is invalid and may be replaced. In case a match doesn't take place due to withdrawal or change of the draw, the pick is invalid and may be replaced. If a player retires or defaulted after the match has started (even if one point was played), the pick is valid.
Changing your picks
If you want to amend a previous pick (cancel or change), quote the original post and add a new message.
Don't edit your posts and never delete them!
Don't forget you're limited to 13 picks
- Never edit or delete your posts. If you want to change or cancel a pick, use a new post to state your new pick and make it clear which pick you are cancelling or changing.
- Please try to check if a match has started before picking it. If a pick is late it is invalid and you may replace it. (I will use times that are posted from https://www.flashscore.com.au/tennis/ but I may also use liveticker.de or xscores.com since that is what they generally use for other games)
- If a player withdraws before the match, the pick does not count and may be replaced.
- If a player retires during the match, the pick is valid and the points are given to the winner.
- Please use the format for posting your picks like this: PALxx (the "xx" being which pick it is (numbered and also before you hit double digits do PAL05 or PAL07) Djokovic over Murray. It makes my job a lot easier.
- Finally, please use the players' last names as seen in the scoring points section below (and not their nicknames or variations). Names often misspelled are Spanish and Eastern European names. Thanks!