Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Samprasfanz - Dedicated to the fans of Pete Sampras

:) Hi. I'm a member of Samprasfanz. The address is www.samprasfanz.com.

Two things all of us woudl like to say to you tennis fans....

1. We are sponsoring a petition and presentation to the USTA to erect a statue of Pete at Flushing Meadows. He's the greatest of the many great great American tennis champions, and we believe it would be fitting.:D

2. We would really appreciate it if you went to the Samprasfanz site and signed the petition. There's room to make a comment, too, if you want to.

http://www.samprasfanz.com/cgi-bin/g.../guestbook.cgi

If you'd like to join - it's a great group of people, a lot who have met at various events, including in Macau. There's a place to sign up at www.samprasfanz.com

Thanks for your support!
Francella :wavey::wavey:

P.S. If you can't get on with the above address, just go to www.samprasfanz.com, look to the left and click the square for the petition, and it will take you to the petition page. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
24,804 Posts
thanks Francella, already signed :D:wavey:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
J'Terian
You're funny....he has lots of hair, but unfortunately he's losing it from the top down (heehee) But, he's had a great career.

We are petitioning for a full-body, similar but more modern that the one of Fred Perry at Wimbledon. We'd love to get it in that great big overhead leap position. Why not dream? when you ask?

If you haven't signed, please do. Every vote counts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:worship: Kitty.....thanks for the good wishes; please ask friends to sign. Appreciate your support....

Francella :cool: :wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:bigclap::tennis: Thanks, Mimi. Appreciate the support - we're really excited about this, and are working hard to get people to sign -- put together a great presentation, and later, hopefully, before we sumit, to get the media involved. So, all your wishes are very supportive.

Francella :wavey:;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:wavey: All of you have been so nice - I was wondering if you had any suggestions of other sites or places we could let tennis people know about our quest?

We're trying to do this quickly, but well, so if you can think of somewhere else I should post this it'd be great! :dog:

Francella

·
RAVE ON
19,578 Posts
Not nude, I hope.

Seriously, I think it is a bit early for Sampras. I would give Althea Gibson preference.

I notice you just arrived at MTF to publicise your project on April 1st. Is the date significant?

·
Banned
42 Posts
Sampras definately deserves something like this, he was a class guy and a true professional as well as a huge all time great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buddy Holly (btw great, if old, music...basis for good ole rock and roll): No, April 1st was ust a coincidene; and this is a great site so I'm going to stick around.

Tennis2Tennis: I think someday he'll get stadium, but since they just redid the center and renamed it and stadiums we didn't think that was realistic...but felt he deserved much more than a placque on the wall. So we can up with a statue - full body...and BTW, he'd be dressed...Pete's classy guy, even if he has a great bod.

Francella

·
F***ing have it
17,645 Posts
Too soon

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Good luck, hope you get it.

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts
:worship: Kitty.....thanks for the good wishes; please ask friends to sign. Appreciate your support....

Francella :cool: :wavey::wavey:
I'll do ya one better than that. I've got friends who run websites, including some sports related ones. I'll do a link exchange with them from my own site, and see if I can get more people to bite on this. :)

Again, best of luck Francella. :hatoff:

·
Registered
54 Posts

1. We are sponsoring a petition and presentation to the USTA to erect a statue of Pete at Flushing Meadows. He's the greatest of the many great great American tennis champions, and we believe it would be fitting.:D

2. We would really appreciate it if you went to the Samprasfanz site and signed the petition. There's room to make a comment, too, if you want to.

http://www.samprasfanz.com/cgi-bin/g.../guestbook.cgi

If you'd like to join - it's a great group of people, a lot who have met at various events, including in Macau. There's a place to sign up at www.samprasfanz.com

Thanks for your support!
Francella :wavey::wavey:

P.S. If you can't get on with the above address, just go to www.samprasfanz.com, look to the left and click the square for the petition, and it will take you to the petition page. Again, thanks.
Interesting concept

·
Registered
2,682 Posts

You said erect lolz

1 - 20 of 24 Posts