Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
Yes, congratulations to Pete! Even if you're not his biggest fan this is a great piece of history!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Congrtas to Pet Sampras! :bounce: I certainly never thought he would win another grand slam title! :eek:

And remember, Pete lost in the first round in the U.S. Open warmup tournament on long Island. So this grand slam title came out of nowhere in my opinion.

Sampras now has 14 grand slam singles titles. And no men's tennis player will ever surpass that!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think Lleyton tired Andre yesterday. It tool a lot out of andre both mentally and physically to overcome LLeyton he could not keep that up against Sampras.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
irma said:
andre got paid millions to lose, he is still the king :p
LOL! :D

·
Registered
24,656 Posts
thank you tennis fool for creating this thread :D

irma: andre paid millions to lose, what a joke, a win is a win, your idol is generous enough to praise pete why you as a fan be such a sour grape ;)

pete leads andre 20:14, do remember this ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
congrats Pete! I bet Greg is crying...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
luvbadboys said:
I think Lleyton tired Andre yesterday. It tool a lot out of andre both mentally and physically to overcome LLeyton he could not keep that up against Sampras.
I think Pete is lucky to have an easier time in the Semi, knowing that he has an edge over Sjeng. They say you have to be lucky to be good. But you also have to be good to be lucky.

So Congrats to Pete for winning the title, and Andre for putting up a good fight.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Congratulations Pete, you deserve the title for all your determination and hard work!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Congrats Pete... I am so happy :)
Pete & Andre, you both are truly champions :) Can't imagine how I am going to follow male tennis, once they have retired :sad:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats to Pete! I'm not really a fan, but I like the fact he confounded all the doubters and came through for a sweet victory... ;) Congrats to Andre, too!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well done Pete :bounce:

I was watching this match this morning and was on the edge of my seat in that 4th set! Pete was skating on thin ice with his service games but pulled it out when we least expected it! Bravo and kudos to Andre for a gallant performance!

One happy fan here!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts