Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pete Sampras: Djokovic’s Season Best I’ve Seen in My Lifetime
by Tom Gainey

Speaking before an ATP Champions circuit event Thursday in South Florida, Pete Sampras heralded Novak Djokovic’s current season as the best he’s ever seen.

“At least in my lifetime, the best ever,” Sampras told the Palm Beach Post.

“I always thought Novak was a bit temperamental and would go through these lapses that would prevent him from winning majors,” Sampras said to the paper. “And now you look - he lost the first two sets against Roger and boom! He recovered within a couple of minutes. He’s got a short memory now. He’s progressed into this great champion.”

This year the 64-3 Djokovic has won 10 titles including three Grand Slam events.

Sampras also opined on the current player revolt brewing on the tour and the US Open scheduling issue. “Quite honestly, the U.S. Open has it coming,” Sampras said. “The handwriting’s on the wall.”

Sampras went on to beat Jim Courier last night to win the HSBC Tennis Cup held at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida.

Reactions: Getta

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Its certainly up there for sure.. I still fancy the Laver '69 season and I do think Nole may need to take the YEC to solidify it truly.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This bullshit abut style of play is fedtards only saving lifeboat. They hold onto it as if their lives depended on it. Of course they fail to understand that many people love Djokovic's style of play and don't need to compare it to Federer's to make it relevant. And some of us even preferred it to Federer's. Ballerina's style doesn't suit everyone's taste. For fedtards that's so hard to comprehend, they probably think Roger has blue blood in his veins too. :hug:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Djokovic's suck up to Sampras campaign has born fruit! (Incidentally, if Djokovic wins the WTF as well, something Nadal's never done, I'll agree with his assessment) Now Sampras and Djokovic will make an unholy alliance against the GOAT and Johnny Mac. Dis gonna be good.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ex pros are such gloryhunters. :haha:
Sampras should hold his horses, really. The season is not over yet. If Nole doesn't win WTF, I would place Federer's 2006 season above Nole's. But it's close...

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Prickovic can only play from the back. Sampras could only play at the net (I don't care if his baseline game was 'underrated'. It was amateur) No wonder both are so jealous of Federer's superb all court game.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts