Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why Novak Djokovic (aka "the New King") was invited to the Laures.

That's like inviting a turtle to a dog show. :rolleyes:

Look, we're glad you could make it and all, but please know that you will never go home with anything other than unrealistic expectations or a B movie script that calls for your t-shirt to get wet on page 4.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
He's in the make a wish foundation due to his never ending string of injuries and sicknesses and that was his one wish.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Maybe because he is tennis' most recent grand slam champion?

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Wasn't he nominated for breakthrough sportsman or something?
Yes he was. He didn't win it though. Looks like Blondie here is pleased with that particular fact;)

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Good god...

·
Registered
148 Posts

That's like inviting a turtle to a dog show. :rolleyes:

Look, we're glad you could make it and all, but please know that you will never go home with anything other than unrealistic expectations or a B movie script that calls for your t-shirt to get wet on page 4.
wtf is the laures?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
wtf is the laures?
Haha you know, well at least I hope the original poster meant Laureus, meaning the World Laureus sport awards ceremony. :devil:

·
Registered
388 Posts
it's funny, you'd think true tennis fans would be able to put aside petty whinges about certain players for a moment and just be proud that the top performers in their favourite sport are being recognised at one of the world's premiere sports awards. And happy that that might encourage a few of the billions of people who watch nothing but football to change the channel once in awhile and watch some tennis to see what the big deal is with "this Djokovic guy".

guess not...

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
It's always sad to see some people resign to bashing a player they don't like in stead of just cheering for a player they DO like. In that sense, this thread is highly uncalled for IMHO.

For clarity, I'm not talking about the 'hunting/roasting/peeling/frying/cheesemaking'-threads here on GM, as those are obviously meant in good spirit. ;)

·
Registered
15,172 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am not surprised Novak was nominated, but actually am a little concerned about Roger's award-reminds me of oscar -usually goes to actors before their retirement or falling apart.Women for instance get it before their 40'es, cause everybody know there will be no more leading roles...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts