• Verdasco

Votes: 15 45.5%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will win
Murray is the 4 time runner-up, but hard to say which year is his peak. 2010 version beat Nadal, 2012 version I think is closest to his peak year.

2009 Verdasco beat Murray on route to the epic SF match with Peak Nadal.
2013 Verdasco lead Peak Grassray in Wimby.

·
Registered
20,665 Posts
Peak Verdasco was a legendary beast on HC.
No contest here, sorry.

Nando in 4.

·
Registered
20,665 Posts

·
Registered
8,355 Posts
Peak Murray would win of course, only an idiot would think otherwise.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
This.

Don't get me wrong, I loved watching Fernando in full flight, and still like to see him winning matches. But we're talking Murray at his best and Verdasco at his best, ffs.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Andy at his best or Verdasco at his best? Gee, let me think :stupid:

Obvious answer is obvious. Andy wins every time.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Peak Verdasco was a legendary beast on HC.
No contest here, sorry.

Nando in 4.
In 3. Murray would struggle to win games against a real player

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
There don't exists such a thing named 'Peak Murray' in Tennis. Verdasco is well known choker but has shown higher peak levels than Murray.

So out of 10 peak Verdasco will win 4 matches against Murray and will choke other 6 away. Murray will win none.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
There don't exists such a thing named 'Peak Murray' in Tennis. Verdasco is well known choker but has shown higher peak levels than Murray.

So out of 10 peak Verdasco will win 4 matches against Murray and will choke other 6 away. Murray will win none.
I are one of the smartest posters I've noticed on this forum but as much as u try to pretend otherwise, I think ur a closet Murray whose never quite got over some dissappointment in the past.
I'm sure ull respond with an extend monologue using Murraytard or whatever just be honest with urself itss okay to commit and be vulnerable.
u even have the Murray Madrid picture as ur profile pic

·
Registered
182 Posts
AO09SFasco (absolute peak) crush Murray in 3 sets, Peak Verdasco win in 5 sets (as AO09 QF match) and normal Verdasco lose in 3 sets.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
This match already took place and Verdasco won in 5.
Andy was nowhere near the normal level these days/from 2012/2013, nevermind his peak. Andy at his best pushed peak Djokovic to 5 sets at the tournament. Verdasco loses. Simple as that.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Andy was nowhere near the normal level these days/from 2012/2013, nevermind his peak. Andy at his best pushed peak Djokovic to 5 sets at the tournament. Verdasco loses. Simple as that.
Yeah i agree Murray would win people tend to underrate Murray cause of his style of play.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
best Murray match at the AO is either 2012 vs. Djokovic or 2013 vs. Federer (how the old man dragged that to 5 is one of the great myths of tennis).

but peak Murray appeared in that game vs. Llodra which is regarded by youtube as the greatest game of tennis ever.

Therefore peak Murray in 3, no games lost.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
VerdaDIOS will lead 6/1 6/2 5/0 40/0 and that's the moment when Fiasco decides to show up...

·
29,645 Posts
Gotta bear in mind match-up in this case- Murray's 11-1 against Dasco now for a reason, he drives him up the wall.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Most Murray fans get so defensive on this forum, it makes me a little sad.

As for this match up, it's tough but probably AM in 5. Even peak Verdasco is a choker (see DF on MP in his match against Nadal as proof).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts