1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Wawrinka in 5 sets

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Wawrinka in 3 or 4. Wawrinka has always had clay potential but just now realizing it

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Söderling's level at RG against Nadal and Davydenko in 2009, as well as against Federer in 2010, is higher than anything Wawrinka has showed on clay IMO.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Aw, I miss young Delpo. He was so exciting in 2009 at RG and USO.

The answer is Stan. I mean, Soderking was brilliant. But he was flat and overwhelmed in both of his finals.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Soderling's level was higher, but matches between two in-form big hitters with average defense and return are generally very tight. I say Soderling in 4 tight sets.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
Fedtards (who don't even know Del Potro) should forbear from opening these peak X-Y RG threads.
It's boring and utterly hypothetic. Thanks

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Soderling in 4. It'd be a tough match, but the Swede defeated peak Nadal on the surface. Defeating Djokovic doesn't really compare.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Soderling in 4. It'd be a tough match, but the Swede defeated peak Nadal on the surface. Defeating Djokovic doesn't really compare.
And pre-peak wawrinka almost double-bageled peak Clayray :drool:. Nadal's balls from fh were barely landing outside service box that day. He was playing terrible tennis in that match.
On topic: Wawrinka easily. Soderling is the most overrated player along with Safin. Two BBB players. Wawrinka on the other hand is much more classic clay player

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Soderling was incredibly good on clay those 2 years, you could see he was gliding and hitting the ball like a natural clay courter and was hammering the ball. A match between 2 big hitter can go either way but i choose Soderling in 5. Nadal 2009 > Djokovic 2015 in a slam final.

Soderling-Gonzalez 2009 is one of the best match i have ever seen, that was brutal.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
And pre-peak wawrinka almost double-bageled peak Clayray :drool:. Nadal's balls from fh were barely landing outside service box that day. He was playing terrible tennis in that match.
On topic: Wawrinka easily. Soderling is the most overrated player along with Safin. Two BBB players. Wawrinka on the other hand is much more classic clay player
Watch Soderling again he was gliding and moving like a natural clay courter would do.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
The Peak threads are only to be used to wind up Djokotards.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I love some of the comments from users here who can't remember at all how the likes of Safin played or coming out with fake stats like "Nadal's balls weren't landing past the service line" (that's one of my all-time favourites, people just hoping that others can't remember the dynamic of the match in order to further their point :lol:)

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Interesting matchup. They've played one 5-seter as "youngsters" in 2006 USO. Soderling went up to a 2-0 lead then ran out of juice and lost the last two sets 6-0, 6-1.

RG match would probably also go to 4 or 5 sets. Big hitter vs big hitter is always unpredictable. Maybe it would play out a bit like Sod vs Berdych in 2010. Both players would gift a break every now and then, and high FS % would be key to hold on to breaks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts