Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Sampras most likely wins on 90s grass, though he'll lose a set or two. On today's grass it's a completely different story. Andy would win relatively comfortably, though I think Sampras could sneak a set.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Well Murray has a good H2H with Canadian servebots, so not a big problem for him.

In all seriousness, we don't know, because they've never met and you're comparing 2 different eras.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Sampras would win 9 out of 10 matches. Probably even 10 out of 10. Incredible shot making attacking tennis + clutchness vs pushing and choking on grass?

It's a pretty NID contest.

·
Registered
27,319 Posts
This kind of thread is what you get with people who started watching tennis in 2009.
2009 was an excellent year to start watching tennis.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Grassray in 4.
Sorry peak Murray will beat everyone in this era. BUT NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY. Is beating PEAK SAMPRAS.

I had the privilege of witnessing one of the greatest displays of supreme tennis at the 1999 WIMBLEDON final. Let me tell you I've never seen anyone play better EVER. SAMPRAS was unreal. Agassi who was in great form didn't know what was happening. He was being not just outserved. But totally outplayed on the baseline his strength. And everything.

If Murray plays half as good as Sampras 99 this Wimbledon, then it's all over for everyone out there. So sorry peak Murray is great. But there's never been anything better on grass than PEAK SAMPRAS....

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I give peak Dimitrov more chance of beating Sampras on grass than this unknown animal "peak Grasray"

·
Registered
20,690 Posts
Sampras most likely wins on 90s grass, though he'll lose a set or two. On today's grass it's a completely different story. Andy would win relatively comfortably
That would be still a 50-50 case and I think the pendulum could go in Sampras' favor more often than not. He is more consistent on serve and extremely difficult to break, clutch on big points and the big match player.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
7-6 6-7 7-6 7-6

Sampras wouldn't be able to do shit on return with his weak (compared to Murray) baseline game, but Murray wouldn't be able to get into Sampras serve games either.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Sampras with more than double the games won, and 70% of the points.

Let's be honest here, Grandpa Fed owned Grassray in 4 sets during Murray's peak. Peak Sampras would dominate the Scot.

·
Registered
564 Posts
:lol: Anyone thinking that Murray has a chance against peak Pete...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts