Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Equal

Votes: 6 10.5%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I hate these 'peak' threads but I actually think this particular one is interesting, and not because I am making it. The general consensus seems to be that peak Federer > all. And yet peak Fed played peak Safin at the 2005 AO and lost.

Safin was unbelievably talented, and his peak was unplayable. He had a massive game and could do everything well. The way he pounded Sampras off the court in the USO final was more evidence of that. I don't think peak Fed > than peak Safin.

How about you?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Peak Federer didn't lose unless injured or bad matchup, except that one Safin match where he had MP anyway.
He was injured in the Safin match. He needed a back massage and had a bum elbow along with a blister on his foot. :sad:

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
I wonder why people make those kinds of threads.

Is it good to look like a fool?

:facepalm:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Peak many players > peak Fed but it has to do with the matchup. And peak Fed appeared so frequently that the question is kind of moot. And if another player is peaking, especially a ball basher, it's rare that they would simultaneously encounter a peaking top player due to match momentum/psychology. Every player can be beaten. Fed's peak is simply awesome, unique and generally trumps everyone 99%+ of the time. And it's so beautiful to behold.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Depends on the surface.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Their peaks on hard court were probably about equal, just a shame that Safin was at his peak about 5% of his whole career.

Their peaks on clay and grass though, Federer wins easily.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
If we are talking about them facing each other, on clay and hard it'd be close, in grass it's Federer (not as easy as one may believe, their match in Halle 2005 was pretty close). But one may say that for a player to play at his "peak" he'd have to play in his best surface, so what they do in others wouldn't be actually his peak. Anyway, I give Safin the edge by a hair.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Safin is overrated. All there is to say here.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Safin is better looking.

Otherwise :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Look at those pathetic haters crashing into this thread ASAP and bashing :superlol:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Peak No1e >= Peak Fed > Peak Safin.

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Safin is overrated. All there is to say here.
Maybe so, but post-peak/terminally declined Safin on his worst surface still routined peak 'No1e', what does that say about the latter :lol:?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Maybe so, but post-peak/terminally declined Safin on his worst surface still routined peak 'No1e', what does that say about the latter :lol:?
Djokovic sucks and dominated the real weak era :shrug:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts