Votes: 101 74.3%
  • Nadal

Votes: 35 25.7%
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple Question... Whose game you prefer watching?

Peak Nalbandian in the Avatar in which he was playing during 2006 and 2007 or Nadal

Some of the videos in which Nalby played some awesome Tennis

Whose game?

·
Registered
502 Posts
And no offense to Nalbandian's "talent," but I think most people would watch the guy with 10 slams over the guy with 0.

Peak Nalbandian occurred in a McDonald's in 2006 I believe.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Neither would I. That would be called gloryhunting.

Fat Dave, fit Dave, plain Dave, any day.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Fair enough, I will never get the obsession over this guy. He is very, very good ... but what has he done?

The only other player I hear of having so much "talent" (over even Federer) is Safin, and at least he won some slams.

At what slam did Nalbandian peak at? Or was it just at TMC in 05?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The question itself is "Whose game you prefer", not whose peak is the best out of both players. It certainly doesn't depend on their achievements.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Peak Davydenko obviously ...

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fair enough, I will never get the obsession over this guy. He is very, very good ... but what has he done?

The only other player I hear of having so much "talent" (over even Federer) is Safin, and at least he won some slams.

At what slam did Nalbandian peak at? Or was it just at TMC in 05?

U dont watch it from a fans perspective... Chances are you watch it from a Glory Hunters.. No offense mate but that what it sounds like. You are quoting achievements and Grand Slam while the question was simple.. Whos game would you prefer watching

·
Registered
502 Posts
The question itself is "Whose game you prefer", not whose peak is the best out of both players. It certainly doesn't depend on their achievements.
The question is "Peak Nalbandian or Peak Nadal ... Whose game [do] you prefer?"

I was just asking where Nalbandian peaked? TMC 05, correct?

·
Registered
502 Posts
U dont watch it from a fans perspective... Chances are you watch it from a Glory Hunters.. No offense mate but that what it sounds like. You are quoting achievements and Grand Slam while the question was simple.. Whos game would you prefer watching
I would prefer the player with the better game. The one who is capable of winning 10 slams and an Olympic gold medal. I think Nalbandian, while a very good player, is incapable of winning a slam. There are people on here that think he can STILL win a slam. The devotion to this guy is unbelievable.

Why is he incapable of winning a slam with all this talent? The most unfortunate set of circumstances ever, or was he really just that foolish to not care about his physique?

Apparently if you associate the word talent with a guy over a message board long enough, he becomes a living legend (ranked 64 at the moment with a losing record to Nadal).

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ladies and Gentlemen.. Slams Olympic Medals come and Go

But there is only One... Only One... Only One.... David Nalbandiannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn............

·
29,645 Posts
Off of clay, Nalbandian in peak form wins this match-up. It is completely out of Nadal's hands.

Even Oldbandian outclassed him in the first set on a slowasfuck US Open surface, says it all.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
I prefer Nalbandian's game in general.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Pretty hard to make a choice between these two players at their peak level, and I presume, on their most preferred surfaces - if you appreciate a variety of playing styles in tennis, like me.
Quite incomparable as both players - Nadal on clay, Nalby on HC - are/were nothing short of amazing in every regard at their top level.

The fact that Nadal has shown his top level of playing with much more consistency (four, five years, and perhaps counting?) than Nalbandian (only 'appears' in incidental HC- and DC matches) forces me to choose for Rafa, but I realize that this decision has nothing to do with the original question at subject in this thread. ;)

1 - 20 of 115 Posts