Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surface Hc. Bo5 I give this one to wawrinka. Stan attacking game trumps murray defensive game. what do you think?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On clay Wawrinka by a mile, on grass Murray by a mile, on HC it is impossible to say.
clay an grass are predictable. HC much tougher to say. I just don't know if murray would able to combat stan aggressive game.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Depends on the context. In a slam final I would maybe back peak Murray while in a masters/500/250 would potentially go with stan. Probably too close to call though

EDIT: just seen the best of 5. So probably Muzz

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Peak Del Po would crush them both, in any surface.
:eek::eek:Crush peak stan? I think you might be smoking something. I think that would be fun to see though peak stan vs peak delpo. My guess there will be WINNERS flying everywhere.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends on the context. In a slam final I would maybe back peak Murray while in a masters/500/250 would potentially go with stan. Probably too close to call though

EDIT: just seen the best of 5. So probably Muzz
Stan is fit, I can see him holding up for 5+hrs like the Ao 2013 against djoker

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
USO meetings 2-1 for Stan. So I have no other option but to pick Stan.

On HC, Muzz doesn't have enough power to dominate rallies so Stan has the upper hand, and he has enough consistency eventually to win even if Murray pushed most balls back.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Murray struggles with power baseliners in general. But Peakray is the guy with 65-70% of FS and since Wawrinka is a mug returner of 1st serves i'm go with Andy in 4 or 5. His return+serve combo on peak >>>>>>>> stan's for sure.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Murray of course on any surface except clay. However, Stan is flavour of the month right now so he will probably get more votes. If MTF could think back further than the last tournament or last slam they wold see that Murray is quite comfortably superior at his best.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Murray of course on any surface except clay. However, Stan is flavour of the month right now so he will probably get more votes. If MTF could think back further than the last tournament or last slam they wold see that Murray is quite comfortably superior at his best.
TRUE, AS OF NOW.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
IMO question is a bit insulting to Wawrinka, there's absolutely nothing Murray can do when Wawrinka is playing well, as it was shown in couple occasions already.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
IMO question is a bit insulting to Wawrinka, there's absolutely nothing Murray can do when Wawrinka is playing well, as it was shown in couple occasions already.
:confused: you mean murray ?

·
Registered
18,092 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

Yes I dont quite understand this nonsense thread either. Wawrinka is a different caliber now from Murray. Murray never really met any consequential opponent before the final when he won his two slams, and ow that players have improved their games, he's nowhere to be seen. Wawrinka had routed Murray prior to his decline, and now that he's playing better I cannot see how Murray could withstand his might at all.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts