Mens Tennis Forums banner

Peak Federer vs peak Wawrinka,who is better?

• Peakerer

Votes: 72 75.0%
  • Peakrinka

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Equally good

Votes: 3 3.1%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peak Federer vs peak Wawrinka,who is better?

I think Wawrinka has the better backhand than Fed's peak one :wavey:

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
Re: Peakerer vs Peakrinka?

Wawrinka's peak backhand is Federeresque.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Nothing against Peakrinka, he is a joy to behold (60 winners? On clay? Against Djokovic? Fuck me). Beautiful tennis to boot. But JesusFed takes this in 3 sets.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTHQ-9z8Ki4

Peak Fed's backhand is pretty consistent but Stan's backhand is much more powerful.

Peak Fed has a better forehand and a much better movement however :wavey:

·
Registered
4,941 Posts

I'd say peak Federer. During his prime peak he was very good at neutralizing and go toe to toe with the heavy hitters because of his insane footwork. The other player didn't even know what hit them and the match's already over.

·
Registered
893 Posts

Weak Fed can even beat peak Wawa...
:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

Fed would pull him off the court, make him uncomfortable, and hit winners all day. It's insane that this question is even being asked. Peak Fed was incredible.

And honestly peak Fed was extremely good at 'digging deep' against these kind of players. He never lost because his opponent redlined (except Safin 2005 AO). He'd only lose to retrievers who'd force him to hit several extra balls.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts

Peak Federer beats peak Wawrinka in straight sets in any tournament in the world.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

Newcomers to tennis now aren't going to think Federer's level of play is especially insane, but that's because he's nearing the end of his career and he has declined significantly. At his peak, Federer was absolutely unstoppable. I used to dislike him a lot more than I do now because he'd always beat my favourites. The ONLY time he lost in a HC or grass slam between 2004-2007 was against Safin who was playing the best tennis of his or most other players lives, and Federer still was one point away from winning that.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Count the average number of games Wawrinka won in their 2010 and 2011 matches at Roland Garros, and then subtract by three. That would be the match result against peak Federer.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

Come on, this one isn't even close. As much as I fancy Wawrinka, peak Federer is in a different category than mere mortals.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts

Federer was eating big hitters for breakfast in his prime with his great footwork and variation of shots as well as great return + good serve himself.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts

Not only peakerer was higher than peakrinka, but peakerer was sustained for tens of matches, not only for one or two matches a year like peakrinka is.

·
Registered
11,737 Posts

Fed would have responded to Peakrinka whit the same big shots PLUS a super variation game that would have made Wawrinka really, really uncomfortable. Not the same balls that Djokovic throw yesterday.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts