Who wins it?

• Marin Cilic

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • Novak Djokovic

Votes: 33 45.8%

Peak Cilic v Peak Djokovic at US Open

4K views 78 replies 37 participants last post by  Forehander 
#1 · (Edited)
We know Cilic can reach ridiculous levels at the the US Open, straight-setting his way to the title with ease.

On the other hand, Djokovic has been lackluster at the US Open recently.

WWW?

#3 ·
Re: WWW Peak Cilic v Peak Djokovic at US Open

Forgot to add poll but I think it's prety obvious that peak Cilic blows Novak off the court with superior firepower.

#5 ·

Forgot to add poll but I think it's prety obvious that peak Cilic blows Novak off the court with superior firepower.
No, it's not that obvious. He would blow you off the court, but not Novak.
Djokovic can return much better than you, can attack Cilic's shorter balls with ridiculous angles and can hit winners from all over the place. He can grind him down in the end.

No contest here.

#4 ·

Thread tolls > Add a poll at the top of the page.

On topic, GOATlic to send chico into eternal ruins in 4 sets!

#12 ·
H2H 12-0.

Mods, please send this thread to trash where it belongs. Thanks.

#14 ·
Hard question. Peak USO djokovic is 2003 after all he reached the junior USO 1R. Peak Cilic is 2013 suspended cilic.

So 2003 Djokovic vs 2013 Cilic---> 7-6 6-7 6-4 6-7 8-6 8-10 a close draw in a 6 setter. These GoAT versions are too much for each other.

#17 ·
Peak USO Novak:

Peak USO Cilic:

You have to be blind to even make a discussion of this. Even power-wise Novak had better shots.

#18 ·
Please people, don't feed this troll thread. Just let it die.

#31 ·
As much as I respect Cilic's incredible run to the title, we're comparing him to 2011 Djokovic here, which is (along with 2006 Federer) the highest level this sport has ever seen. It would be no contest.

2011 Djokovic would routine 2014 Cilic in straight sets.

#32 ·
Is this thread for real? Djokovic played like utter shit last year, that's the only reason he lost. Cilic's peak level cannot be compared to a member of the Big 4, at all.

Djokovic at his best wins, every time.

#34 ·
saw Cilic live last year and I disagree. even in the QFs for example I think Berdych was playing really really solid tennis and he had absolutely no answers for Marin. Berdych was solidddd. it says a lot that Nishikori beat Novak in 4 or whatever and then got crushed by Cilic. I'm not saying that Djokovic was at his best but the reality is his best ever US Open level (2011?) still I don't think would have an answer to that Cilic power

#33 ·
Cilic played really well last year at the US Open, of the current era of players Federer might be the only person who has played better at the US Open than Cilic did; he was serving like a mad man and hitting insanely consistent powerful balls from the baseline for almost the whole event

#35 ·
Don't be silly people. Peak Cilic vs. 20% Nole is a 4 set win for Nole

#61 ·
Peak Djoker for sure, and possibly even in 2014 had he been properly prepared, and not had to a play a Semi in the middle of the day -in the heat against Nishikori. (who he has schooled ever since I might add).
Cilic was goating for sure, but Novak can withstand a barrage of service bombs and hard hitting better than anyone else.

#50 ·
It's simple Maths. Peak Djokovic lost to exhausted Nishikori, who got routined by Cilic. The logical conclusions is an easy win for Cilic, I'll give Djokovic a set so chico isn't too sad :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.