Mens Tennis Forums banner

PDA. Like it or not? Vote up!

• Disgusting----keep it in the bedroom!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • It's fine in moderation, within reason.

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Don't care either way.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • It's a beautiful expression of affection.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's sexy if the people kissing are hot!!!

Votes: 1 7.1%
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Attraction or no attraction. That's it. It doesn't equal, oh, well, I'm not attracted to you, so I find you gross. Attraction=into a person. No attraction=not into a person. And that is the rational response. I'm not attracted to you..............done. And unlike 2 OLD people fucking or fucking disgusting shit like scat, 2 guys/gals and a man/woman fucking in itself isn't disgusting because there is nothing INHERENTLY disgusting about the sex they have. 2 older people fucking, the disgust is because they're old, people tend to connect attractiveness with youth. Scat, well, shit is shit and shit is body waste. There is actually something qualifiable there that creates a negative reaction. Finding green eyes attractive, there is a qualifiable reason behind that. You find it alluring. You find it sexy. You find it cute. There isn't anything qualifiable about "it's gross because it's gross."

And, rationally, comparing homosexuality to scat should be a pretty big indicator you're an irrational ass. In fact, the only indicator needed. Again, you don't hear gay people comparing heterosexuality to scat, old people fucking, pedophilia, etc., and that isn't a coincidence.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm not going to go on and on any further. Everyone read up on the term PROJECTIVE DISGUST and you'll have your answers.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
2 old people fucking, the disgust is because they're old, people tend to connect attractiveness with youth.
And two gay guys fucking is disgusting because heterosexuals tend to connect attractiveness with heterosexuality.

See how this works?

And, rationally, comparing homosexuality to scat should be a pretty big indicator you're an irrational ass. In fact, the only indicator needed. Again, you don't hear gay people comparing heterosexuality to scat, old people fucking, pedophilia, etc., and that isn't a coincidence.
The use of scat as an example wasn't meant to offend. I was using it merely to get my point across using something I was confident you'd probably find gross as well.

Use incest if you prefer. There's nothing inherently disgusting about a guy fucking his sister. I mean, logically speaking the genetic risk to any offspring is pretty negligible. But most people find that gross.

I'm not trying to denigrate gay sex or gay people. I'm just trying to point out that just because some people find it pretty revolting doesn't necessarily mean that they're homophobic, or bear gay people any ill will.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I knew you don't mean to offend, and I was speaking in generalities. Anyone who makes the comparison you did immediately extinguished any potential validity they had with their argument. Especially since scat is an actual solitary act, we're not talking about human beings engaging in sexual activity, but a doing an actual "thing"............it's something that can be qualified.

Actually, the genetic risk involved with incest is pretty high. But outside of the genetic risks, there are a HOST of social/psychological/emotional risk factors involved with the practice. Incest isn't healthy, by and large. People are naturally hardwired to remove themselves and not involve themselves in unhealthy, unpalatable situations. Homosexuality doesn't fit that descripition, so having an extreme aversion against homosexuality is not natural nor rational on that basis.

Ultimately, the opposite of attraction, is no attraction. It isn't disgust. No attraction doesn't=disgust. Disgust is an emotion totally separate to feeling unattracted by an individual or particular thing. And the term "disgust" is a loaded one, although you may not mean to come off that way, the term disgust is inherently connected to wrongness and negativity.

We all have our likes and dislikes, and preferences. And that is understandable. But that doesn't, shouldn't nor justify holding a feeling of disgust towards another individual or what they do, solely because you're not attracted to that activity yourself.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh, and Ceasar, I know I've said it but I'll say it again, look up the term projective disgust on your internet search engine.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
when a friend from seattle came over to my nation, she was surprised by the numerous displays of PDA

come to think of it, that was the first time i heard of the expression

21 - 26 of 26 Posts