Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kim Clijsters comes out after half a century of retirement and pregnancy and childrearing and takes down defending champion Serena Williams, who explodes in fury at losing and defaults on match point.

:worship:

And Clownarena will get equal money for this spectacle as half of the men who play their hearts out tomorrow.

Reactions: MalwareDie

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T-minus 5 minutes to Serena's raging post match press interview
Apparently she told the lineswoman she was going to kill her.

She could just not show up at the interview and take the fine. She's done that before.

Pertinent video:

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
beyond pathetic, she should be banned from sports, no way she gets away with that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I didn't catch the replay of Serena abusing the lineswoman? What was it that she said? Something about stuffing the racquet down her throat? I know the lineswoman told the umpire that Serena said she'd "kill her," and Serena was saying that was crazy and that she'd never said that.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I'll never forget this one. Wow! I'd like to know if Serena really did threaten to kill that lineswoman. Wow. Holy Shit! She footfaulted only by like a millimeter! I'd have been pretty filthy if I were Serena, but she carried on with it knowing full well she already had a warning. Holy Shit. Wow.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Insane stuff. Awful foot-fault call causing match point, followed by Serena telling the lineswoman that she'd stuff her racket down her throat(or something like that) and getting defaulted.

3,728 Posts
Serena did NOT footfault!

unbelievable

that sneaky little runt, wearing glasses but still managed to make that call

OMG!

·
Registered
73 Posts
lol WTA is a little to boring for me to watch directly so I was switching between that and Lethal Weapon. Switched the channel right when they were showing Serena saying "I didn't say I would kill you" or whatever. Classic.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Serena is an idiot, but still to call the foot fault before the match point? Unbelievable.

What now about USTA conspiracy to make Serena the winner?

Aloimeh, you got the point, soon we will see the pregnant players at semis and finales.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Shame on Serena. It's clear that she threatened the women. But don't dis Kim. She's actually one of the few women whom I don't mind watching.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Serena is an idiot, but still to call the foot fault on the match point? Unbelievable.

What now about USTA conspiracy to make Serena the winner?

Aloimeh, you got the point, soon we will see the pregnant players at semis and finales after this.
Someones going to turn this all racial.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: Serena did NOT footfault!

Can anyone post a link of the footage that she didn't make it? From the streaming I was watching, there was no side camera to show it in slow motion.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Re: Serena did NOT footfault!

The camera was not in the right angle for us to know

·
Registered
86 Posts
Players like Serena and Roddick have a tendency to think that they are above people like linesmen and umpires. And it caught up to her tonight. I hope that all players will take some learnings from this incident and treat tournament staff with more respect in the future.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts