Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How more pathetic can US Open get? A journeyman who just happens to play decently this summer, gets into the Semis. I can't believe how easy Ginepri's draw got, 2 injured players, a Muller who played crappy, & a sort of easy first round. He just hanged in there, his game looks dull to me.

Only way it can get worse is if we get a Nalbandian vs Nieminen & Blake vs Ginepri semis.

Just plain pathetic.
 

·
RAVE ON
Joined
·
18,877 Posts
US Open night matches!!!!!!!. I love this tournament. Ginepri was great today.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,626 Posts
That's what I want to see. Not only the usual suspects or boring likes of Federer cruising in the tournament where you know in advance that they are going to win this and that match for sure!

Nice to have Blake, Ginepri, Nieminen to have gone in this tournament as far as they did. :)

:yeah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
I really like this years USO - there were great matches and interesting players, but if you can't appreciate this, just stop to watch then :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,866 Posts
Boooo Hisssssss, Curse on Dux.

Robby worked his ASS off earlier this summer to get in shape and get serious about his game and his chosen profession. This is the player I always knew he could be and I fully believe that this is not a one off tournament for him, he will continue to play this well throughout the year, and next. Go Robby!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
Neely said:
That's what I want to see. Not only the usual suspects or boring likes of Federer cruising in the tournament where you know in advance that they are going to win this and that match for sure!

Nice to have Blake, Ginepri, Nieminen to have gone in this tournament as far as they did. :)

:yeah:
:lol: Your Federer dislike is magnificent, so far I'm happy, big loss was Guille for me today but great matches so far
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fee said:
Boooo Hisssssss, Curse on Dux.

Robby worked his ASS off earlier this summer to get in shape and get serious about his game and his chosen profession. This is the player I always knew he could be and I fully believe that this is not a one off tournament for him, he will continue to play this well throughout the year, and next. Go Robby!
I really don't see an spectacular game from Ginepri, or even a "good game", he just had a good draw, with injured opponents, hope he enjoys his US Open semi, cause unless he improves alot, or gets another cake draw, he's not getting into another slam semi.

Something good to say about Ginepri is he's in very good shape, but other than that, not much else can be said.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
This is the most attractive and high quality US Open in recent times.

Even without Marat Safin, and Hurrican Katrina wreaking havoc... Ticket sales are booming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,752 Posts
Dux said:
How more pathetic can US Open get? A journeyman who just happens to play decently this summer, gets into the Semis. I can't believe how easy Ginepri's draw got, 2 injured players, a Muller who played crappy, & a sort of easy first round. He just hanged in there, his game looks dull to me.

Only way it can get worse is if we get a Nalbandian vs Nieminen & Blake vs Ginepri semis.

Just plain pathetic.
YS would agree with you :haha:
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Shutup and stop being so disrespectful.

Ginepri is still young, its a bit early to label him a journeyman. He has been through some bad times and its good to see hard work pay off.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,626 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
:lol: Your Federer dislike is magnificent
I know already in advance that Federer is most likely going to win this match, that match and so on.... I'm not a fan of his tennis and that's why it's boring for me because his matches hardly provide any thrill for me :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,276 Posts
disturb3d said:
This is the most attractive and high quality US Open in recent times.

Even without Marat Safin, and Hurrican Katrina wreaking havoc... Ticket sales are booming.
In large part because of favourable weather... and remaining Americans in the draw, of ocurse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,100 Posts
Dux said:
Only way it can get worse is if we get a Nalbandian vs Nieminen & Blake vs Ginepri semis.
Just plain pathetic.

Nieminen vs Nalbandian have one of the most exciting heat-to-heads of the ATP. Would be a dream to see that semifinal. :worship:
 

·
#freeviktor
Joined
·
93,849 Posts
I love this US Open. Upsets are what makes things interesting. Otherwise, why have a 128 person field. Would everyone be happier if the Slams just consisted of the top 16 players? That way everything would be very ordinary, very boring and very predictable. You'd only have to play 4 rounds and be guaranteed a top player would always win. Oh how fun that would be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,304 Posts
This US open has been one the best for some time, even though my top two favourites were out in round 1, I have enjoyed watching players who I don't watch or appreciate as often. There has also been quite a few exciting five setters and a lot of nice stories, like the Blake fairytale and Ginepri's dream run.

It would be a shame to see it return to normal and be won by Federer (whom I like), in my opinion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: savesthedizzle

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
There has been lot of great, exiting matches. IMO this has been great tournament. If you don't want to watch anybody outside top 10 then turn off the TV.

I'm happy to see new players go far in the draw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,825 Posts
JMG said:
Nieminen vs Nalbandian have one of the most exciting heat-to-heads of the ATP. Would be a dream to see that semifinal. :worship:
Niemennen's not gonna make the semis.

And how is the US Open pathetic when Fed and 3 AMERICANS are still alive with one of the 3 AMERICANS guaranteed a spot on Sunday night to claim the UNITED STATES OPEN.
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Top