Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,606 Posts
after that tight one against Isner, I thought he could let loose and go deep. That half was wide open really. Good week for him though I'm not sure his firepower can hurt Djokovic that much, and mentally maybe still a step below to beat Federer.

Thiem did well to make a SF here, at least he beat Coric and Sock.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Sucks for Thiem but better HC player definitely won.

Good job Karen :yeah: would be cool to see him lift the trophy tomorrow!

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Next year will be huge for NextGen players!!
yeah, I dont think come 2020 Rafa/Djok will be winning slams anymore, except for Rafa with a shout on clay.

Better get every last one in now before its done! KK, Shapo, Tsitsi, Zverev, Coric, Rublev... a lot of capable youth in there

·
23,063 Posts
Actually saw some scenes of that last game. Was Khachanov GOATing, or Domi's game just fully regressed (like how he has been it seemed each match this week)? Saw the stats and both had the same winners but Khachanov has much less errors comparatively. 2nd Set had Domi at 8% 2nd serves won. :eek:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Khachanov is the real deal, dont be surprised if he wins tomorrow

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
A comprehensive win for the Russian to reach his first masters final :yeah:

Whatever hypnosis Thiem was under this week to make him think he was playing clay and not indoor HC finally wore off :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
Was Khachanov GOATing, or Domi's game just fully regressed (like how he has been it seemed each match this week)? Saw the stats and both had the same errors but Khachanov has much less errors comparatively. 2nd Set had Domi at 8% 2nd serves won. :eek:
Khachanov was just solid during the entire game.
It was more than enough against a dead tired Thiem that was in full UE mode especially after the 1st set loss.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Wow. Did not expect a wipe-out.
Keep that up KK and you have a good chance against Djok, though Djok can return the big serve, that will make a huge difference.
KK may well bloom into the most formidable of next gen, I can see that happening. Watching him move, you forget he's 6'6".
For someone with monster power, he also has fantastic touch.

Power seems to be what gets to DJok (Wawrinka).
Tomorrow we'll either see Djok put Khach into context--or the other way around.
Domi was my pref of the two but I like Khach too so happy for him.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Thiem's brain completely checked out in this one. Had a lot to do with KK oozing confidence after his victories over Isner and Zverev, of course.

Good result for tennis. In addition to Sascha, now Tsitsipas, Coric and KK reached masters finals. Freshmeatards in glee.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
This was a complete match by Karen :yeah: All aspects of his game were working well (serves, returns, rallies, net game). This match had two "halves". Until 4-4 both held their serves comfortably (losing 5-6 points in total in their games) but since then it was all about one player (5 consecutive breaks of Thiem's serve!). I'm happy that he reached his first final of a big tournament. It's clear that he developed a lot this year but also didn't have it easy (others already pointed out his tough draws). From all 1996+ players he was least hyped but it may turn out that he'll be the one with most success.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
So this year NextGen occupies 6 of the 18 MS final berths (Zverev *3, Tsitsipas, Coric, Khachanov).... Not bad, especially compared with Lost Gen with only 2 (Nishikori, Thiem). Khachanov seemed to have stagnated in the first half of the year, but since RG he’s been playing at a high level pretty consistently. He’ll be fresh and with relatively little pressure in final, could be a defining moment for him.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Thiem's brain completely checked out in this one. Had a lot to do with KK oozing confidence after his victories over Isner and Zverev, of course.

Good result for tennis. In addition to Sascha, now Tsitsipas, Coric and KK reached masters finals. Freshmeatards in glee.
:lol: :sport:

This was a complete match by Karen :yeah: All aspects of his game were working well (serves, returns, rallies, net game). This match had two "halves". Until 4-4 both held their serves comfortably (losing 5-6 points in total in their games) but since then it was all about one player (5 consecutive breaks of Thiem's serve!). I'm happy that he reached his first final of a big tournament. It's clear that he developed a lot this year but also didn't have it easy (others already pointed out his tough draws). From all 1996+ players he was least hyped but it may turn out that he'll be the one with most success.
Lovely comment. Thanks for the props on the bolded too :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts