Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy :eek: :bowdown: He feels quite well on this surface, happy he's winning some good matches :yeah:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I only watched this just so I can support Seppi for the first time in my life. He didn't disappoint. Some lovely aggression, patience and above all mental strength to ignore the bucking chump on the other end.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Mugro saving his energy to peak at the next clay ATP 250 :rocker2:

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
Awesome result

Please get out of the top 10 as soon as possible

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
that was one of the best performances from Seppi. Should have been easier than the scoreline suggests

his FH crosscourt did most of the damage. He also served pretty well, although against Almagro most players seem like great servers

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Seppi has just saved us from the up to today still present frightening possibility of Almagro showing up at this year's WTF, hasn't he? :D

Seppi! :smooch: for that!

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
Andreaaaaaaas! :woohoo: :rocker2: :crazy:

BPwon: 4/8, but broken two times.
Both had 7 aces and 1 DF

Qualifier beating 9th seed might seem a shock for someone, but it isn't at all here. Amazing how Mugro isn't capable of playing decent tennis on HC, despite having all the tools: big serve, big enough groundstokes, everything. It's a mystery. I know he's brought up on clay, but so are countless spaniards who can adapt to HC easily.

Seppi on the other hand is versatile, patient and agressive when he needs to be. Can play pretty much everywhere and even won a title on freaking grass this year. Has such a cool attitude on court and never gets crazy or losses his mind out there. That's why I love him. :angel: And he's just a few months older than me.

TSONGA next! :armed:
It probably ends here...

Reactions: Hian-GOAT

·
Registered
14,791 Posts
Best thing about this match was Mugros hot gf. result was NID but good stuff from Seppinator all the same.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Best thing about this match was Mugros hot gf. result was NID but good stuff from Seppinator all the same.
pictures?

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Amazing how Mugro isn't capable of playing decent tennis on HC, despite having all the tools: big serve, big enough groundstokes, everything. It's a mystery.
This match was a perfect example of the reasons why Almagro can´t beat a player who plays well in the day on these conditions.

He has lazy footwork

He´s a bad returner, specially off flat serves

He can´t flatten his shots to make them more penetrating in a surface like this unless he´s well placed on his feet which is almost never bc of that poor movement.

Mentally he gets easily frustrated bc all those things above and throws away cheap points in many service games quite often

There are a few more reasons, but think those are enough to solve that mystery

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
... and all cause of Davy's choking ...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great job from Andreas.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts