Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great serve stats in first set for Guillermo, second set been closer than score suggest. In last game in the match GGL broken Giraldo from 15-40, nice choke.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Yes, not a good finish from Giraldo. I'd love to know how many drop shots he hit in the second set though.

GGL was all over the place too, but he held it together when it mattered.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
It´s always hilarious to watch Giraldo serving to stay in a match. He has a crazy fight within himself trying to control his nerves but normally it´s a fucking miracle if he somehow holds :haha:

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Yes, not a good finish from Giraldo. I'd love to know how many drop shots he hit in the second set though.
I think he won like 9 points off a bh drop in that set. GGL was crazy about that, like thinking, since when this dude plays such a good dropshots?

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
1st and 3rd sets were pretty poor stuff from Santi. When he got his head all together, cut the errors, he won the second set easily but other than that, he played really poor stuff.

Third set was break-fest. Santi came back two times (from 1-3* and 2-4*) and had a 40-15 when he was serving for staying in the match at 4-5. He made error after error and gift the break at the end.

GGL was just stayed in rallies, served well and return was good at times. Courts were slowe than it was before, though. Santi would have better chance in this match previous surface of Paris Masters.

Now, he's heading to off season. He pretty much was over after Asian tour. (lost to Radek 1-6 3-6 in Basel and now this result) He has a lot of points to defend at the start of the 2012, so hopefully he gets really good preparation for it, vamos Santi!)

·
Registered
68,118 Posts
vamos willy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts