Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having failed to defend his Paris points and not qualifying for the WTF, Sock will drop 1220 points and plummet in the rankings. He's outside the Top 100 now after starting the season in the Top 10

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Third week in a row that Sock is beaten by a player coached by Bresnik. I don't think Günter will be on his christmas cards list this year. :lol:

You reckon Sock will play a Challenger or two now to secure a spot in the Australian Open MD?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Second most impressive result on the tour this year, just slightly edged by Thiems win over Finalzan in St. Petersburg.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
The contrast between Sock's FH, serve and BH, fitness is just something else.

Huge win for Dominator, semifinal of hardcourt indoor Masters tournament. He was saved by clutch serving in the 2nd set, in the final set he was just better player.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sock looked more gassed than Thiem did after the match vs. Nadal at the US Open... will have to do well in a challenger or two now if he still wants to make AO main draw.

Thiem did enough to get it done but it won't be enough tomorrow if Khachanov brings his level from today.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
You reckon Sock will play a Challenger or two now to secure a spot in the Australian Open MD?
There will be withdrawals. He'll make it anyway.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Since obviously his MD at AO is in jeopardy .. I wonder if Jack will ask for WC on one of the next challengers to clinch the AO, or he is too lazy to do such thing ?
All he need is about 60 points or so to secure AO MD

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
He won't stay at #105, the Challenger season is far from over. And there might be a bunch of players who use a PR (up to six, AFAIK). I mean, my favourite player is #94 in the live rankings right now and I'm scared HE could not make the MD as he's ended his season, let alone Sock.

He might win the USTA WC race, though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
With his 180 points this week, Sock's AO WC is almost locked up so there's no need to play challengers. He still has the doubles WTF anyway.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
yeah but also there will be PR entries so .. NO 105 is very risky. Also players like Sonego, Bhambri or Donaldson my pass him since they play challengers in the next 3 weeks

Jack has to play at minimum at Champaign/Houston

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Having failed to defend his Paris points and not qualifying for the WTF, Sock will drop 1220 points and plummet in the rankings. He's outside the Top 100 now after starting the season in the Top 10
Live ranking #105
:aparty: :cheerleader: :bigwave:

·
Registered
5,666 Posts

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Was anyone else getting two English commies, one female? I would love to know who the woman is, I heard the guy call her Sue, but last name?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Very happy for Dominic .. would be great if he makes the final

I'm very glad that after last year's fiasco, we're at least having a decent SF lineup this year

1 - 20 of 49 Posts