Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty poor from Djokovic, specially in the 2nd set. It's a miracle he kept the score this close.

Congrats to Khachanov though for seeing it through. Now up to a career high of #11, and also steals the 2nd alternate spot from Coric :yeah:

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Re: Paris F: Khachanov def. [2] Djokovic, 7-5 6-4

This loss was expected. No1e showed so much heart in this final, given that he’s really sick, has no energy or strength, and played two really long and grueling matches before this.

This loss is also irrelevant because all that matters atm is clinching year-end #1 and winning WTF.

No1e already won Wimbledon, Cincinnati, USO, and Shanghai, is back to #1 and is the winner of 2018.

I can’t wait until No1e clinches his 5th year-end number 1 really soon, tying him with Federer, and winning WTF, which would also tie him with Federer. :woohoo::yippee::dance::)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Well done KK, truly deserved! Played like a true champion and became one. Impressed by a mental performance. What he failed to convert vs Rafa at USO he succeeded today, lesson well learned!

Part of me is happy Novak lost because of the fact he thought he's only supposed to show up. Well not gonna work, hope this will work as a reality check for him, burst the invincibility bubble and make him improve. I accept no excuses for this performance, also, having a tissue in a pocket is a bit over the top...

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Djokovic did look dead, but Khachanov played outrageously well. He went BH to BH with Novak on several occasions and won, outsmarted Novak also which is surprising.

Hope it's the start of big things for him

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Beautiful. Time to collect the tears of @Boss. My glass jar is ready. I imagine the waiting line must be huge, but its well worth the time.

I know everybodys schadenfreude is peaking right now, but don’t forget the true mission: prevent Nadal from getting the year end number 1 and sending @yawnalot in a downward spiral he may never recover. So time to eat some fish for Djokovic to be ready for the final.

Ah yeah, congrats to Khachanov. Well deserved title. Keep that stuff coming, Russian warrior.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Congrats to Karen. He really went out there and earned it.

While I wish the result was different, this year has already been better than I expected from Novak, especially with how he started the year. There’s no shame in losing to an emerging player.

·
The special one
14,024 Posts
Take a bow Karen, what a performance from him. Was in beast mode most of the match, could've won the 2nd set more decisively, credit to him for not crumbling after failing to go a double break ahead, he served out those last 2 service games like a boss.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Congratulations to Karen. I think it is a well-deserved win even though Nole is clearly sick, exhausted, listless and therefore cannot play well.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Congratulations Khachanov on your 1st Masters 1000 title :yeah:! Very good and composed showing from the youngster, could he be the real deal?

Of course I'm a bit sad for Nole but it seems that 3h semi yesterday took a lot out of him. He lacked a step here or there and Karen was clutch enough to capitalize on it. Hope Novak can show up in London in good form.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Re: Paris F: Khachanov def. [2] Djokovic, 7-5 6-4

This loss is also irrelevant because all that matters atm is clinching year-end #1 and winning WTF.
The loss is very important since he needed it to put distance between himself and Nadal. Now Nadal still has a good chance at YE #1 is he's healthy enough to play the TF.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Grats to Karen! Finally another NextGen gets a big title. Let's see if he can take it to the next level and bring this form to the Grand Slams, something his contemporaries haven't been able to do.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Boom. The future is now.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts