Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Re: Paris Entry List/Entry List (updated October 21, 2011)

Will Young get a WC here?
What would be the reason to give a WC to Young in Bercy :confused:

The WC for Benneteau is 95% sure imo. I don't know if the 3 WC will be french but at least 2 I think.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Somebody who is in the alternative list but he DOES NOT enter the qualifying list; is he eligible for the SE spot ????

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Somebody who is in the alternative list but he DOES NOT enter the qualifying list; is he eligible for the SE spot ????
Yes any player who wasn't ranked high enough for direct entry & didn't enter another ATP tournament or challenger the same week is eligible for an SE spot.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Re: Paris Entry List/Entry List (updated November 1, 2011)

Chela also Out according http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2011/20111102_162106_les-invitations-donnees.html

Julien Benneteau, Jérémy Chardy et Adrian Mannarino ont été invités par les organisateurs et rentrent directement dans le tableau principal du dernier Masters 1000 de la saison (7-13 novembre) à Bercy. Dans le même temps, Fabio Fognini et Alex Bogomolov remplacent Jürgen Melzer et Juan Ignacio Chela qui ont déclaré forfait. Le tirage au sort se déroulera vendredi à 18h30

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Re: Paris Entry List/Entry List (updated November 2, 2011)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but they've slowed down the courts this year at Paris. :eek:
After last year, I was expecting this to happen, but it's still annoying.
According to the tournament director, it's still by no means slow, and will reward attacking, agressive tennis (my paraphrasing of the French).
Apparently to help the transition to the uber-slow WTF. :eek:

If it's as slow as Basel, I will shed a tear... last year's Paris was amazing.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

Nadal out.

Translated: "Hello everyone. I must inform you that I'll not play that next Paris Bercy tournament this week. It has been a difficult decision, but I understand that it is what I have to do to be well and deal with not only the end of the season but also the next. I hope to return to that very important tournament in 2012 in the most beautiful city in the world and try to win eventually."

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but they've slowed down the courts this year at Paris. :eek:
According to the tournament director, it's still by no means slow, and will reward attacking, agressive tennis (my paraphrasing of the French).

Dammit – I was afraid this would happen, too. :(

·
Registered
5,250 Posts

Well what do you know. :angel:

·
Registered
177 Posts

SE to Nishikori if he can beat Kukushkin.

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Re: Qualifying Entry List (updated November 3, 2011)

So Muller pulled out because he can get directly into MD?

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts

So Muller pulled out because he can get directly into MD?
Ljubicic tweeted after his Basel defeat to Mayer that his 2011 season is over, so Muller will get direct entry if he wants.

Malisse would also get into the MD if Nishikori loses to Kukushkin in Basel, or there is a further withdrawal in the next few hours.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Ljubicic tweeted after his Basel defeat to Mayer that his 2011 season is over, so Muller will get direct entry if he wants.

Malisse would also get into the MD if Nishikori loses to Kukushkin in Basel, or there is a further withdrawal in the next few hours.
Nishikori won, but had he lost or if he refuses to play Bercy the SE spot was for Kukushkin or will be open for Baghdatis, Querrey or Monaco.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Re: Paris Entry List/Entry List (updated November 3, 2011)

Not Muller?

Sorry if stupid question, caught a 24hr bug and a bit "dosed" :)
Sorry, my comment followed the conversation in the qualifying thread.

Muller would get a MD place with Ljubicic withdrawing; Malisse next alternate after that, awaiting another withdrawal (now that SE will be awarded).

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Re: Paris Entry List/Entry List (updated November 3, 2011)

Muller was the last direct entry.

Malisse finishes his season this weekend with the Basel doubles.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts