Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Re: Bercy R1 : Raonic def. Tsonga 6-7 7-6 7-6

I hope Raonic gets a good ass whooping by federer next round. Tsonga today was a mile worse than retired Melzer. Maybe he should retire as well.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts

Finally a win for Raonic. Maybe he can repeat his 2014 Bercy achievement. :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Good win for tennis, delicate serve and volley player won over serve-forehand ballbashing clown.

Hopefully he can trouble Rogie in R2.

·
23,076 Posts

Tsonga probably should've stayed rallying rather than pulling the trigger on that Match Point IMO, but nonetheless this was quite a long match with being almost 3 hours. Tsonga had to save Match Points I think to be fair, so he kept pressure as much as he could've. Still I feel like this surface has brought some competitive and somewhat memorable matches. Maybe serve centric but at least they're close.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts

Injuries have made Tsonga such an eyesore to watch.

Anyway great result, the better player in this match won, shouldn’t have been as close but I’ll take it

·
Registered
10,058 Posts

Watched the end of last set and it wasn't all serve at all. :nerd: Some drama and big forehands out there with some fun rallies.

Tsonga had 2 MPs at 5-4 40-15* on Raobot's serve.
His backhand return must be the worst in top 200. Simply couldn't return 150 km/h second serves and this maybe cost him this match.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts

Great moment at the net after the end of this match :)

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Watched the end of last set and it wasn't all serve at all. :nerd: Some drama and big forehands out there with some fun rallies.

Tsonga had 2 MPs at 5-4 40-15* on Raobot's serve.
His backhand return must be the worst in top 200. Simply couldn't return 150 km/h second serves and this maybe cost him this match.
Wasn't it the other way around?

Raonic had 2 MPs on Tsonga's serve (at 30-40 and AD-40)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
They both played bad.
Raonic should have won it in straights though.
Tsonga wasn't even able to get to deuce on Raonic's service games throughout the first to sets while he had break points on Tsonga's serve on both those sets (more than one per set).
He was in danger in the 2nd set tiebreak though, after almost choking a 6-1 lead, but then Tsonga choked back

·
Registered
10,058 Posts

Wasn't it the other way around?

Raonic had 2 MPs on Tsonga's serve (at 30-40 and AD-40)
LOL, of course :lol: I probably confused something.

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
Poor my dear Jo, :hug: this is just not his year. Hopefully next year will be different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts