Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The parents of Tommy Haas (ATP-17) have been convicted to nine months of probation because of fraud. Brigitte and Peter Haas illegitimately appealed for unemployment welfare while they lived in the Southern German town of Bad Aibling between November 2011 and October 2012.

In total the parents of Haas embezzled a little less than €15000, according to Bild.de. Judge Isabella Hubert had harsh words for the couple.

'Most people who get convicted for fraud in this courthouse are barely making ends meet with their frugal income. You both get €3000 a month, pay no rent and still found it necessary to dupe the government and the German taxpayer.'

The tennis parents, whose son Tommy earned thirteen million dollars throughout his career excluding sponsor revenue, will both get a criminal record because of the conviction. They also have to pay back their illegitimately received money to a charity.

http://www.tennis.nl/buiten-de-lijnen/ouders-haas-veroordeeld-voor-fraude
Not sure if leng jai will survive this news.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
You'd hope they had a falling out instead of Tom being tightfisted like Penny Pinching Pete.

Very sad story, and completely alien to my experience of family.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
MOved to leg_jai forum

/thread.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Amazing that the Fossil has been able to hold it together amongst this adversity. This only adds to his legacy.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
tommy should have helped them a bit. It seems to me that the tradition of the Western people is that they won't support the livings of their parents even though they are rich? A bit cold for me.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well, that's what happens when you try to resist paying worthless politicians a huge sum of your hard-earned income.

I blame nobody for attempting to elude taxation. The world would be better off with far less of it, and more brave souls like Tommy's parents trying to reclaim lost income due to "taxes" that go straight into the pockets of corrupt politicians.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
No surprise from the people who bred Tommy Haas.

Incredibly greedy people, lack any notion of empathy, disgusting like their unpatriotic son.

Could Tommy not support them? Or has he spent all his money on botox for himself?

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't the part about them both receiving €3000 a month and not paying rent imply Tommy is giving them that?

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I mean support them to the level they believed they should be living.

If they're embezzling money they're obviously doing so because they want to buy more shit.
Or they were bored and enjoyed the rush :lol:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Well, that's what happens when you try to resist paying worthless politicians a huge sum of your hard-earned income.

I blame nobody for attempting to elude taxation. The world would be better off with far less of it, and more brave souls like Tommy's parents trying to reclaim lost income due to "taxes" that go straight into the pockets of corrupt politicians.
irony?

Haas parents are disgusting cheats. They got what they deserve

·
Registered
785 Posts
Of course here on MTF people immediately assume that Tommy Haas is to blame... :rolleyes:

I blame nobody for attempting to elude taxation.
They didn't avoid paying taxes. They claimed welfare, i.e. other people's taxes, they were not entitled to.

As far as I can gather from a look around the German press his parents lied to the authorities about their financial situation (about the money they receive from their son as well as about insurance payments and not having to pay rent).
That's a criminal offence, as simple as that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts