Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paire:"A problem in the crowd, if is a donkey walking across the court, I don't care"

PARIS, May 27 (Reuters) - Temperamental Frenchman Benoit Paire's second round clash with Italian hot-head Fabio Fognini at the French Open on Wednesday always promised fireworks but it was in the Court Seven stands that tempers boiled over.

But the local favourite became distracted as some fans got too excited and a fight broke out.

"Yeah. I almost stepped in, but, no, no, it's true that in the crowd there were two people that started fighting," 71st-ranked Paire told reporters.

"It was a bit of a mess. I was focused on my match. I knew exactly what I had to do, and the weather was good.

"Everything was perfect to play a beautiful match. So now if there is a problem in the crowd, if there is a donkey walking across the court, I don't care. I want to play my match."

Paire said Fognini, who has beaten nine-times French Open champion Rafa Nadal twice this year, told him after the match that he had been suffering from food poisoning.

"I know that you always have to be careful, because Fabio can wake up all of a sudden," Paire said.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Re: Paire:"A problem in the crowd, if is a donkey walking across the court, I don't c

Sympathies to the Fog if he had food poisoning. He did seem a bit lacklustre on the court.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Re: Paire:"A problem in the crowd, if is a donkey walking across the court, I don't c

What I get from this is that Benoit called Fabio a donkey. ;)

Reactions: oranges

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

NONSENSE! Do you know English, or are you kidding?
I'm kidding, haha. Thus the winky face.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts

NONSENSE! Do you know English, or are you kidding?
Your sarcasm detector must be on charge ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts