Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, they are overplaying..Davis cup, atp cup, exhos,etc. They will arrive depleted to the AO, the old man will be waiting them with full tank and likely to capitalize.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Water is wet.
It is no secret that Fed is not only the best player of all time but also the most clever in every aspect. He knows when to play, when to rest, what contracts to sign, how to make twins and organize his personal life. The man is so perfect in every sense.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Yes Roger opted instead of South America exho tour ($1-$5 million dollars per night depending who you talk to) and skipped this nonsense. If he is going to be flying around playing in an event that means nothing, might as well make the most you can and not deplete and destroy your body playing for country and friends like the rest

We will see which gamble pays off

·
justice for all
15,099 Posts
I don't think Djokovic is playing at 100%, Medvedev is young so he'll be fine. Only Nadal has overplayed cause he always plays at 100% even exhos.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think Djokovic is playing at 100%, Medvedev is young so he'll be fine. Only Nadal has overplayed cause he always plays at 100% even exhos.
They all have overplayed, Medvedev had a period where he almost didnt drop a set, now he lose a set almost in every BO3 match. I dont think Novak is not playing 100%. Some matches have extended quite long time for his usual standards of a BO3 match, its obvious he would rathee finish the match in 1 hour 20 min to fresher for the next round

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Won't matter for Nole, even if he loses today.
This is all good practice.
He will still peak in the 2nd week of the AO, as he eyes off a record extending 8th title in Melbourne.
I dont doubt about his great mentality, unfortunately I think this time time will make him pay the bills, Remember Nole is 32 yo and 8 months, he is not the same younger dude of 2011 who could play every tournament without taking a break, and Nole has physically declined specially post AO last year.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I am sure they are smart enough to cut the practice sessions if matches go longer, they aren't beginners, and they have teams of professionals whose job is to condition them properly and keep them safe from injury. Also there are many individual things, Nadal needs matches and confidence and he's always played well for Spain. Novak needs some matches to get the game going, no practice partner can give you enough heat to deal with.

Old man is still the one who needs to be careful the most not to get cooker in the earlier rounds of AO.

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
I Guess we will see, but I suspect just the opposite, rest in better form then Roger with more match play and Roger exits early from AO

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I don’t think it will matter. Nadal needs those matches to get his gears going. Djokovic has infinite stamina anyway and Medvedev may look depleted from time to time but remember he reached the us open final despite going deep in 5 consecutive weeks.
Federer is btw already in Melbourne practicing. Nice to see that he seems to be taking this very seriously. Usually when he arrives early at a tournament location he does sightseeing, advertising and some other free time stuff all day long before actually preparing (like in shanghai and the consequences were fatal), but when he’s already hitting 10 days before the event starts you know he means business. I expect at least a semi this time around after the embarrassing exit last year and we‘ll See from there where he probably meets either rafa or Novak. Too bad that medvedev overtook thiem who is now a potential QF opponent who may trouble him way more than medvedev would given the h2hs but I’m looking too far ahead already lol. I’m so pumped

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Lol, 1 week into the season and the 2 biggest staminabots in history are already overplayed? kappa
Fed is a tired old man and is not winning any more slams, not to mention the AO fast surface from the last 3 years is gone. It might suit Goatsipas though?

·
Registered
317 Posts
It honestly baffles me that Rafa is playing both singles and doubles. He’s just too passionate about his country which is fair. But it also means if they make it all the way to the final that he’s played 12 matches in 2 weeks. He’s not 20 anymore I wonder when he’ll realise this. He could of just stuck with singles and this would of been a good enough warm up for the AO. Really hope he proves me wrong and this helps him find some form at the AO but surely he’s going to be pretty tired.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
This forum is sometimes really over the line. You really think that playing 5-6 matches (from which 1-2 were nothing more than a training session) in 10 days time can really hamper their chances in AO ? Fuck me, they are professional sportsmen, they will recharge to 100% power in two days time as soon as ATP Cup ends.

·
6,473 Posts
Lol, 1 week into the season and the 2 biggest staminabots in history are already overplayed? kappa
Fed is a tired old man and is not winning any more slams, not to mention the AO fast surface from the last 3 years is gone. It might suit Goatsipas though?
Do we actually know how the new GeenSet laid surface in Melbourne is going to play?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts