Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not i didnt get my words mixed up. Its just the only thing that comes to mind after this win.
He and his team ( Uncle Toni) should never put a new racket in Rafa hands mid season. After a rockey end of 2014 and alot if rust early this year.

So they made the wise decision to move back to the old racket.

This match has been Rafa best this year. Tournemt wise also. Since last RG and thats along time.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I think part of the motivation for the change may have been seeing Federer change his racquet, and perhaps seeing the other top players make adjustments to their coaching team. Nadal's way of trying to follow suit may have been a racquet change, but that didn't seem to help him.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
Dull is done.

Birdshit is his boyfriend and ultimate lapdog.

No racquet is saving Dull from Novak.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think part of the motivation for the change may have been seeing Federer change his racquet, and perhaps seeing the other top players make adjustments to their coaching team. Nadal's way of trying to follow suit may have been a racquet change, but that didn't seem to help him.
After 2011 he had some minor changes in his racket. Some weight were added.

This change in not sure it if was purely economics. Federer always played with a smaller racket had he changed to a bigger one a few years earlier maybe 17 would of been 18 or 19. We will never know.

But Rafa wanted more power in his racket. And thats my problem, hes never been a power hitter. Not even while serving.

My moto is if it aint broken to f&&k with it.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
After 2011 he had some minor changes in his racket. Some weight were added.

This change in not sure it if was purely economics. Federer always played with a smaller racket had he changed to a bigger one a few years earlier maybe 17 would of been 18 or 19. We will never know.

But Rafa wanted more power in his racket. And thats my problem, hes never been a power hitter. Not even while serving.

My moto is if it aint broken to f&&k with it.
I don't think those changes were that significant though -- if memory serves, he added 3 more grams (so he says) to his racquet using lead tape at the end of 2011, which is common for pros to do. Unless there were some other changes he made?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts