Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad season gave its fruts Jerzy back to pre-Paris state, it might be good for him but might be his fall >.< i hope not.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
I've already shared my thoughts in the match thread. In short hire a coach and improve serve, change service motion... Whatever. Just make him make less DFs a match, and I mean wayyy less.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sad i knew it was going to be a difficult match, cause of the changes, the rain, the change of court and the darkness :sad:

Even if he lost i was glad because even if we didn´t see the match , im sure he was fighting, and i hope he can make a big comeback.

·
Registered
57,591 Posts
I really don't think the coach is the problem- at least the main one. Anyone on MTF can see how he's losing matches- attempting second serve aces when at his tightest, four drop shots in a row, going for a first serve return winner at 0-30. These aren't subtle little technical things- the only big technical error he makes is his service position, and even that isn't a huge issue. These are just not-being-an-idiot. Unless Tiilikainen is blind or mute, he has surely told Janowicz not to do these things.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You right or Tiilikainen is blind or mute and bad as people say, or Janowicz is stubborn brat that don't want to listen... and knowing him that is 100% possible :p

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Sad i knew it was going to be a difficult match, cause of the changes, the rain, the change of court and the darkness :sad:

Even if he lost i was glad because even if we didn´t see the match , im sure he was fighting, and i hope he can make a big comeback.
Glad I didn't see it either:hug:

Would have made me sad all day to see Jerzy lose after fighting hard:sad:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I dont know what Jerzy should do now:scared:

New coach, I think...And play more 250's to help get his ranking back up:hug:

This might motivate him to do better and change some things in his game...If he doesn't, I don't see him getting back to the Top 20:sad:

I want to see him in the Top 30 again by the end of the year and seeded at Slams:hug:

Maybe without being seeded at events now, he will feel less pressure:shrug:

Needs to stay injury free and play Asian swing this year to gain some points:yippee:

·
23,063 Posts
I am sad for Janowicz, although I do wonder, with his performances this year why he doesn't seem to adjust accordingly. I agree, he might not be coached well. But a good coach is only valuable if the player responds. I really hope he recovers here and gets his game back again because he was the first Young Gun to really push into the deep ends of the echelon as seen from his Paris-Bercy Final and SF in Wimbledon but now the likes of Dimitrov, Nishikori and Raonic (all with excellent coaches of Rasheed, Chang and Ljubicic), now seemingly overtaking him and just a matter of time to get to an SF in a Slam, which would be a shame as he could be part of that threesome and make a Big Four of their own.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I am sad for Janowicz, although I do wonder, with his performances this year why he doesn't seem to adjust accordingly. I agree, he might not be coached well. But a good coach is only valuable if the player responds. I really hope he recovers here and gets his game back again because he was the first Young Gun to really push into the deep ends of the echelon as seen from his Paris-Bercy Final and SF in Wimbledon but now the likes of Dimitrov, Nishikori and Raonic (all with excellent coaches of Rasheed, Chang and Ljubicic), now seemingly overtaking him and just a matter of time to get to an SF in a Slam, which would be a shame as he could be part of that threesome and make a Big Four of their own.
This makes me sad:bigcry:

Jerzy has the game to be just as good as those guys:hug:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dimitrov had his bad days too and i remember been called mug all around the forum as JJ is now, but didn't fall ahe did. But let's look on positives he finally getting some wins :p we will see how it goes in Bastad in few days and he still got R1 in US Open where he can recover some points.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts