Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Beginning of 2012 Tournaments/Cheering Thread

Rafael Nadal of Spain speaks during a press conference ahead of the ATP Qatar Open Tennis tournament at Khalifa Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha on January 2, 2012.

In this Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 photo released by Qatar Tennis Federation, or QTF, Rafael Nadal presents in a showcase ahead of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open and the 2012 ATP World Tour season at an amphitheater in the cultural village of Katara in Doha, Qatar. Over 4,000 Roman candles were lit to illuminate the amphitheater to celebrate the 20th anniversary of men's professional tennis in Doha.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts

Is it true that MIT is a thing of the past? :awww: :sad: :tears: :bigcry: :sobbing:

·
Registered
56,000 Posts

The **** is not looking good, it must be said...:sadface:

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

OMG Rafa vs Kohli 2nd on Center tomorrow. :scared: :unsure: :help: :bolt:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

Rip Mit.

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Star, stop stirring things up! ;) :ras: :(

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

OK after a light scare Rafa bt Kohlschreiber 6-3 6-7(2) 6-3. :D Phewwww! The first official match, so should get better. :D
Broke back in the 2nd set but the TB was :smash: :banghead:

Denis Gremelmayr, another German next. :scared: :unsure:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

Looking good. I see some improvements mostly to his backhand. Djoko will have some troubles this year!

·
Banned
49 Posts

Backhand :yeah:

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Looking good. I see some improvements mostly to his backhand. Djoko will have some troubles this year!
Yeah, it was an improvement but I can only pray he'll be able to beat Nole. Nole looks mighty good still, and you know these mental issues... :eek: :eek: :eek: But I keep praying so hopefully it'll be a good season for Rafa. :D :D
At least his mood seems OK. :)
Rafa up 2nd again on Center today vs Gremelmayr. Vamos! :bounce: :bigclap:

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

"I'm very happy about my level," stated Nadal. "I think I played a very good first set. The only moment that I didn't play well was the beginning of the second and after the tie-break. For the rest [of the match], I think I played solid." :eek: :eek:

After winning the first set, Nadal fell behind 1-4 before winning three straight games to even the second set. The two battled their way into a tie-break, and it was Kohlschreiber who grabbed an early mini-break, closing the 'breaker out with ease to send the match to a deciding third set.

Kohlschreiber broke to begin the final set, but was unable to maintain his advantage, dropping serve in the ensuing game. Nadal converted a second break to move ahead 3-1, and finished off the match with a routine service game to take the hard-fought meeting in two hours and 33 minutes. "He can play at a very high level," Nadal said. "He has fantastic shots. His serve worked very well for him in moments today, [as well as] his return. Sometimes I felt that I was serving okay, and sometimes his return was very fast. So it was difficult." :awww: :eek: :eek: :tape:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/01/1/Doha-Tuesday-Nadal-Tested-By-Kohlschreiber.aspx

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

6-2 6-2 vs Gremelmayr, not bad, not bad. :D Very windy conditions. Let's hope Rafa will keep improving till the AO and all the injury worries are behind us. He actually needed the rest during the offseason after the Davis Cup.

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Wow, so cool to post here all alone. :D :cool:

Rafa will play vs Youzhny 3rd on Center tomorrow after Federer vs Seppi. :yawn: :zzz:
Vamos! :bounce: :bigclap:

1 - 20 of 415 Posts