Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have known for a while now that organisers have actively encouraged Fedal finals. After the epic OZ and US open finals I suspect the event organisers especially at the majors are going to create conditions that favour a Nada-Djokovic final. We might be seeing the end of Fedal finals, that would be fantastic.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We've already seen the end of Fedal finals. Djokodal isn't better though. Even more one-sided than Fedal.

At least we won't have to watch Federer shank backhands on every single point. Nadal is a much better fighter that Federer. I suspect Nadal will lose most of his matches against Djokovic but Djokovic will be made to work for sure. Their matches are more fun.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
At least we won't have to watch Federer shank backhands on every single point. Nadal is a much better fighter that Federer. I suspect Nadal will lose most of his matches against Djokovic but Djokovic will be made to work for sure. Their matches are more fun.
Nadal is a better fighter but Federer tries more new things against Nadal every time they play, more fun to watch Federer rush to the net, hit impossible halfvolleys, dropshots, different slices and angles with his backhand than Nadal moonballing to Djokovic's backhand even if those backhand shanks are quite ugly.

Hope we get to see Fed-Djokovic finals, those are the best.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nadal is a better fighter but Federer tries more new things against Nadal every time they play, more fun to watch Federer rush to the net, hit impossible halfvolleys, dropshots, different slices and angles with his backhand than Nadal moonballing to Djokovic's backhand even if those backhand shanks are quite ugly.

Hope we get to see Fed-Djokovic finals, those are the best.

Agree with you on the Feder-Djokovic finals. There will never happen though. If Federer is in Nadal's half we all know what will happen there. The best we can get are Federer-Djokivic Semis. We have had many of them over the years. 2 of the 3 last year were classic. The OZ open semi was ok but the French and US opens were sheer class.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I actually agree. Fedal used to be the must-see match but Djokovic's current domination of Nadal has suddenly risen to the top as tennis' most interesting plot line . I expect to see more Fedal semis....that way organizers get to kill THREE birds with one stone: they get the "classic" Fedal match, Djokovic for all intents and purposes gets to waltz into the final, and we get another chapter of the "Can Rafa solve the Djoker riddle?"

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Jesus, even if I wasn't a fan of Murray, he has to step up. Him or someone else(why is there no one else?!). Of Fed, Nadal, and Nole, only the Nole-Fed matches are remotely interesting or exciting to watch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Djokovic beats Nadal on all surfaces, at least Federer can beat Nadal on fast courts.

Djokovic-Nadal finals became to be boring, Fedal is also boring. We need more Federer-Djokovic finals.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I actually agree. Fedal used to be the must-see match but Djokovic's current domination of Nadal has suddenly risen to the top as tennis' most interesting plot line . I expect to see more Fedal semis....that way organizers get to kill THREE birds with one stone: they get the "classic" Fedal match, Djokovic for all intents and purposes gets to waltz into the final, and we get another chapter of the "Can Rafa solve the Djoker riddle?"
I disagree with this. I think that of the Top 4, Murray is the player who troubles Novak most. If he gets Murray in his half, Novak won't be "waltzing" into any final.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I disagree with this. I think that of the Top 4, Murray is the player who troubles Novak most. If he gets Murray in his half, Novak won't be "waltzing" into any final.
I agree but I don't have much faith in Murray always getting to the semis :) Maybe he's maturing and will become more consistent in the future. Nonetheless, I don't think Murray can trouble Novak to the point of actually BEATING him. Novak had his wake-up call this year and has filed Murray under "legitimate threat" and will handle him accordingly in the future. :cool:

I mean, of course I can't say that Murray won't EVER beat Novak in a slam but I'm just not convinced that Novak would allow it to happen; we've seen him step it up when necessary.

On another note, I do remember saying that I truly believed that Murray would push Novak and potentially Fed in a slam semi rather than a final because of there being less at stake (something that allows many to further question his mental toughness)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I agree but I don't have much faith in Murray always getting to the semis :) Maybe he's maturing and will become more consistent in the future. Nonetheless, I don't think Murray can trouble Novak to the point of actually BEATING him. Novak had his wake-up call this year and has filed Murray under "legitimate threat" and will handle him accordingly in the future. :cool:

I mean, of course I can't say that Murray won't EVER beat Novak in a slam but I'm just not convinced that Novak would allow it to happen; we've seen him step it up when necessary.

On another note, I do remember saying that I truly believed that Murray would push Novak and potentially Fed in a slam semi rather than a final because of there being less at stake.
A lighter ball introduced at Wimbledon would do me fine. The poor natural timing of Djokomug would shine through and provide for a great laugh.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Organizing more beat downs? No thanks. It's clear Nadal can't beat this guy. Despite even having a 4-2 edge in the 5th. No belief. I just assume watch two lower ranked guys where you have no clue who is going to win.. Besides seeing another Fedal final or Djoker-Nadal final where the winner is already etched in stone

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
How can the organizers "fix" something that already is??? MTF never ceases to outdo itself. Djoker and Nadal are already 1/2, and have already met in the last three GS finals as is. Either one of them is a tremendous favorite over anyone else, so what else needs to be done to further the fix? Maybe someone can explain how this thread has two pages already, as I simply don't get it...

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How can the organizers "fix" something that already is??? MTF never ceases to outdo itself. Djoker and Nadal are already 1/2, and have already met in the last three GS finals as is. Either one of them is a tremendous favorite over anyone else, so what else needs to be done to further the fix? Maybe someone can explain how this thread has two pages already, as I simply don't get it...

The Djoker struggles with Federer. If they put Federer on Djokovic's side then Djokovic will not be a guarantee to reach the final. Nadal on the other hand has no such problems.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts