Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
French Open organisers can't stop the rain from falling on Roland Garros, yet they could have done a better job at smoothing things out on Monday, according to Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic.

The world No.1 said the court could have been dried out before his entrance.

"Today it's true that the court was very heavy. The balls were very heavy, very wet," Nadal told a news conference.

"Why don't they dry the court before we start playing? The court is soaked with water. Why don't they do anything?"

Forecasters predict a rain-hit first week in Paris, with only Tuesday's action likely to be spared.

World number two Djokovic also had his say on the way organisers managed the day, after his three-set victory over Joao Sousa. "In my opinion there are a few times today they maybe should have covered the court earlier," the Serbian said.

"So I think the chair umpire should have made a decision earlier to take us off the court and cover the court. I'm talking for the court's sake, you know, for a good condition, because it was a lot of rain.

"I know that on clay, of course, we can play with a certain level of rain, but still it's not that great for the court's condition." Djokovic spent one rain interruption chatting with a ball boy who shared his courtside seat.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tennis-organisers-better-handling-rain-top-seeds-say-193731894--ten.html

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Djokovic wasn't telling them to cover the court quicker when it was pooring down in the 2012 final and he was winning games at will because of it

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
It's true, Nadal does need those perfect dry clay court conditions to beat Djokovic on this surface.
Not really, it was still raining the next day, just not a water ballet like the day before.

Djokovic on the other hand can't beat Nadal at RG regardless of the circumstances.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
poor Bald. Must have been a real fight to get past Ginepri in those brutal conditions.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,203 Posts
Not really, it was still raining the next day, just not a water ballet like the day before.

Djokovic on the other hand can't beat Nadal at RG regardless of the circumstances.
Ofc he can, and he was doing that in the as you call water ballet. And are we also going to put aside last year's match? It was on dry court.

Not to mention your logic is clearly flawed. If I throw a coin 3 times and they all land tails, am I correct to conclude the coin can't land heads?

Anyway, I agree with your first post. The conditions on that Sunday were clearly not good for a proper tennis match. Nole and Fed tards can't say shit about that now.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Djokovic on the other hand can't beat Nadal at RG regardless of the circumstances
really, and you can't win a game against heya, gimme a break tard :lol:. Some of us might just laugh at you in a week or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts