Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I appear to be the only Nadal twitter unbiased analyst (@RedHotRafa) that is thinking logically. Even Legends like Topspindoctor and others want FRAUD to win. They are thinking in a current mindset not a career mindset. Currently Novak is Nadal's toughest rival and Nadal fans are the most bitter towards him, but when all is said and done Djokovic will just be another Agassi, an all time great, but no where near the GOAT discussion. Fraud on the other hand is praised around the world by idiots as the GOAT even though his main rival pulverizes him at every turn, fuck even Murray leads in the H2H. Fraud will be seen as the one competing in peoples' minds with Nadal when history looks back, Novak will be just a 3rd wheel in the Fedal generation. Every little title Fraud adds, adds to his lapdog founded "legacy". So how in the WORLD could any Nadal fan in their right mind want this hair flicking ballerina to have another Wimbledon weighing down his bindle, an all time record at that, world wide recognition as a BETTER grass court player than Mr. 7 for 7 Pete Sampras.

Imagine this as well, a grass mug like Djokovic beating a supposed "Grass GOAT" in the final. It would ruin all credibility he has on the surface. Losing to Nadal can be dismissed by his most avid tards as a "match up issue", but a loss to a man he hates, a man many consider awful on grass. C'mon now. You know what Nadal (Clay GOAT) or Sampras (Grass GOAT) have never done in a final of their respective slam, lost.

Any Nadal fan supporting Roger Federer in Sunday's final needs to get their head examined pronto.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I think Djokvic is going to win regardless..People are massively overrating Federer's form; i made thread two days ago noting that grass giant Robredo is only guy with positive W/L one the surface in Federer's joke path to this Final.. The law of averages says at some points Nole will start winning Slam Finals again..From an emotional tardish war perspective, yeah it makes sense to root for Nole :lol:...But here the true disgust should about Nadal for that egg he laid in Kygrios match; one of the worst late stage Slam matches of his careers..This was a very winnable tournament for him :facepalm: But what to do? that is Declinedal for you from here on: the puzzling losses will only keep piling on..

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nadal had a championship point in the 3rd set but Botgios saved it. Nadal's bad luck with draws at Wimbledon since 2011 is unreal.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Nadal had a championship point in the 3rd set but Botgios saved it. Nadal's bad luck with draws at Wimbledon since 2011 is unreal.
How the might have fallen :sad: Nadal getting OUT-CLUTCHED by a no-game monkeyballer with a forced on-court swagger..Hope this fire something under his ass for the Summer HC where he should address his dreary ROS because if a return mug like Roanic is winning 6-2 sets off Kyrgios, then Nadal has certainly hit some pathetic depths in that department..

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
i prefer Nole to win simply because I like him more than Fed and another selifsh reason for not wanting Roger gets his 18th so that Rafa will never come near him. But however, support Nole or not, I think Roger is still going to win coz Nole was awful in the semi :tape:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I prefer Nole to Fed. That's why I would root for him. As far as GOAT discussions are concerned they are just time-wasting circular arguments for which I don't care. I don't care if Rafa passes Fed or not. I'm happy regardless.

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
I will also cheer for Novak because I like him. Plus, I never cheer for Fed. It's not about his Slam record, it's about his personality.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
Nole is a more funny person whom I like :dance:

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
This assumes that all Nadal fans are obsessed with the idea of him being the GOAT or getting the GS record. We're not. If you'd been here from the beginning you'd know it was enough for us to finally see him step out of Federer's shadow, get to #1 and stop being just a claycourter when he won Wimbledon in 08. I'm not a gloryhunter who won't be satisfied until he's beaten every record, I'm very proud of the 14 Slams he has and frankly I don't expect him to get to 17 anyway so 18 makes no difference. Federer will always have the Slam record, Nadal will always have his record over Federer.

I'm rooting for Federer to win this final because he's been the much better player throughout this tournament, he wasn't simply handed a place in the final via other players collapsing/failing to take advantage of a crap Nole.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
This assumes that all Nadal fans are obsessed with the idea of him being the GOAT or getting the GS record. We're not. If you'd been here from the beginning you'd know it was enough for us to finally see him step out of Federer's shadow, get to #1 and stop being just a claycourter when he won Wimbledon in 08. I'm not a gloryhunter who won't be satisfied until he's beaten every record, I'm very proud of the 14 Slams he has and frankly I don't expect him to get to 17 anyway so 18 makes no difference. Federer will always have the Slam record, Nadal will always have his record over Federer.

I'm rooting for Federer to win this final because he's been the much better player throughout this tournament, he wasn't simply handed a place in the final via other players collapsing/failing to take advantage of a crap Nole.
I really admire you, Robin :hug: you are not a glory hunter but I am, I am as greedy as shit :lol:

anyway, i never thought Rafa will have 14 slams, it expected my estimation but when he comes closer to roger's records, i become more greedy :tape:

anyway, we can't grab the title from Roger if he is capable of winning (which I think he will) :eek::mad:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't feel any sort of way towards Novak or Federer. But I have to support Novak. I'm thinking about the slam total. And if Federer wins a major at 32 that'll be something his fans won't let go of even if he doesn't win another. Also, Novak has been the most consistent player on tour over the last few years. Him winning another major and more is an inevitability. Ultimately, though Nadal-Novak are the main rival for the time being. Nadal is chasing Federer not him.

·
Registered
42,421 Posts

Too sensible post for MTF.
So your name is Robin? Nice to meet you! :hatoff:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
People should support for who they like. If Rafa fans like Fed they should support Fed. If they like Nole they should support Nole. Let's not this stupid GOAT debate get to us. Anyway, Fed would always be a more accomplished better than Rafa.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Novak winning isn't all that simple if you are talking about reaching #18. Nole is Rafa's main rival, this will give him incredible confidence and belief now and could really propel him. If Fed had won it could have destroyed Novak, although it would mean Rafa needed one more, his main rival would be completely shot.

Anyway I feel some of you are too fixated by #18, it would be great yes but it isn't the end of the world if he doesn't get that. Not many years left, just enjoy it.

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
I would never root for Djoke. not even if he plays the devil himself

I supported Fed for a simple reason: I like him a lot more than I like the unmentionable

The ones who supported Nole in this match, you'll come to regret it,I made the same mistake with Serbia in DC2010. This win gave him a lot of confidence and the best part of the season for him just now starts.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
I would never root for Djoke. not even if he plays the devil himself

I supported Fed for a simple reason: I like him a lot more than I like the unmentionable

The ones who supported Nole in this match, you'll come to regret it,I made the same mistake with Serbia in DC2010. This win gave him a lot of confidence and the best part of the season for him just now starts.
no matter how confident Nole is now, don't think he will surpass rafa in terms of the number of slams. I think he may get to 10 or 12 but not 14 ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts