Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
gooner88 said:
I feel for Mackin though; you wonder what a thrashing by Fed would do for his confidence and development as a player.
I'm happy for Alan that he is playing Davis Cup again. He grew up in Glasgow like me so I always wish him well but to be honest he is about 23 now and I think he is about as developed as he is ever going to be. He plays mainly Challengers and I'm not sure if he will ever get into the top 100 so this is a career match for him. Something he can look back on and say he played Roger Federer because I am not sure if he will ever get the chance again in an ATP event. The first match against Roger is a write off for GB anyway. GB's only hope is winning the two Wawrinka matches and the doubles. Resting Greg for doubles and 3rd day singles makes sense so I'm glad Alan was given this chance. He has absolutely no pressure. He should just go out there and enjoy it and give it his best.

Even though I'm not sure if Alan will make the top 100, it would not surprise me if he did one day because he is a really hard worker. A lot of the British players ranked in the 200s and 300s rely every year on the Wimbledon wild cards and don't just have enough desire. Alan goes out to Challengers and Satellites all over the world every year while a lot of British players stay close to home and get wild cards at British events. Even in mid December last year he was playing Satellites in Indonesia. So if anything this is a reward for hard work and I hope Roger is not too hard on him ;)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Two Scotsmen in the GB side, now it's Scotland vs Switzerland.
:cool: Well done Andy and Alan. 2 Scottish players playing the first two singles for the 1st time ever I would imagine :)

If GB get beat 5-0 it'll be the Scottish Davis Cup team in the press though ;)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
mdhubert said:
In a Swiss newspaper today, I translate :

Q: Andy Murray, who's been presented as a "terror" ?
A: I don't know him. We bump into each other but we don't say "hi". Let's say that I don't appreciate his behavior. He shows off. If Roger could "kick his ass" on Friday...
I'm sure Roger could easily kick Andy's ass in the same way he usually kicks 99% of the tour's ass. Andy will do well to get a set. The Roger singles matches are almost write offs before the start. Wawrinka v Murray on Day 1 is the big one. Andy will thrive on the situation I think. His rookie performance in DC doubles against Erlich/Ram (a very experienced team) was brilliant. Should be interesting :D

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Judio said:
Does anyone think that Britain(or is it Scotland) 's tactics
are an abuse of the Substitutes rule.

The Davis Cup has been designed so the two Number One Players
go head to head in Rubber 4 leaving the two less experienced
players to fight out the 5th Rubber.

I think it is unfair that Rusedski who is clearly the Number one player
gets to play the 5th Rubber.
It's Britain ;)

And as long as it's within the rules you have to do anything you can that works to your advantage. It's a smart decision from Jeremy Bates.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Two Scotsmen in the GB side, now it's Scotland vs Switzerland and now Stani has to show up and do the business earlier.
:banana: C'mon Scotland.

By the way, if Murray had said what Wawrinka did this forum would be full of people talking about what an asshole he is :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
adee-gee said:
By the way, if Murray had said what Wawrinka did this forum would be full of people talking about what an asshole he is :rolleyes:
Whatever. The simple answer is that Murray is way up there in the hype 'o' meter and Stan is not so anything Murray says is naturally going to be held against him.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
adee-gee said:
:banana: C'mon Scotland.

:haha: you're right, but Wawrinka is the true asshole:ras:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
rofe said:
Whatever. The simple answer is that Murray is way up there in the hype 'o' meter and Stan is not so anything Murray says is naturally going to be held against him.
Its not Andy's fault if he's hyped is it :shrug:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
adee-gee said:
Its not Andy's fault if he's hyped is it :shrug:
No it isn't but that's the way the cookie crumbles and his fans have to deal with it.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Hopefully somebody passed this message along to Andy. It would make my life if he would make a SH motion at Wawrinka if he (Murray) managed to win the match :tape:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Stanislas :worship: I don't know who to support when he plays Andy!

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Im starting to like you Stanislav
so dont start being an arsehole

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Wawrinka turned into an idot, he was a nice guy but now he's imporving he's getting arrogant and doesn't talk to his old "mates"

I would love to see Andy ripping some breadsticks or bagels, no matter what, just win:worship:

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Escude said:
Im starting to like you Stanislav
so dont start being an arsehole
It's Stanislas, mate:hug:

41 - 60 of 230 Posts