Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Stan "How I put the pressure on myself" Wawrinka...

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Let's go Stanislas!!!

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Federer_Express said:
Wawrinka sucksm he's an idiot, hopefully he'll get killed by Andy, or he's injured again:haha: I heard something:ras:
Surely hoping a player gets injured should be enough to get banned from a tennis board?

And Wawrinka is not an idiot, if you think that then you obviously don't know very much.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
Surely hoping a player gets injured should be enough to get banned from a tennis board?

And Wawrinka is not an idiot, if you think that then you obviously don't know very much.
buddy, I don't hope he get's injured, I only thinks he's an idiot cause he acts like one. I know him about 5 years and he's was rude to everyone he played against,...

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Federer_Express said:
buddy, I don't hope he get's injured, I only thinks he's an idiot cause he acts like one. I know him about 5 years and he's was rude to everyone he played against,...
Well then next time don't say it.

And I'm sorry, I didn't know you and Wawrinka go way back. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
Well then next time don't say it.

And I'm sorry, I didn't know you and Wawrinka go way back. :rolleyes:
I know him well and I liked him alot but then he went over the top... :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wowwww,
Kind of shock about Stan's answer... :confused: :confused:

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
be happy, so we get to see Federer-Murray:woohoo:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Judio said:
Yes but that match should be the Opening rubber and not the 4th One
I agree with your sentiments Judio.
But Team GB/Team Scotland are using every trick in the book in order to get an unlikely win.
I feel for Mackin though; you wonder what a thrashing by Fed would do for his confidence and development as a player.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Federer_Express said:
be happy, so we get to see Federer-Murray:woohoo:
be warned, you might not enjoy what you will get to see :p

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Judio said:
Does anyone think that Britain(or is it Scotland) 's tactics
are an abuse of the Substitutes rule.

The Davis Cup has been designed so the two Number One Players
go head to head in Rubber 4 leaving the two less experienced
players to fight out the 5th Rubber.

I think it is unfair that Rusedski who is clearly the Number one player
gets to play the 5th Rubber.
Nope, sounds fine to me. Didn't Mats Wilander do something similar against Australia last year? Nice to see captains with some brains (even if in this instance he's unlikely to produce a win). Italy could do with some of that nous.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
gooner88 said:
I feel for Mackin though; you wonder what a thrashing by Fed would do for his confidence and development as a player.
Yep, not a pretty sight I guess... but every player is dreaming of playing Federer in a great competition. He has really nothing to lose, so maybe he'll play well a la Suzuki in AO ?

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
:ras: my dream is to see Murray playing again, long time ago since his last full match!

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
I'm quite confident Andy can beat Wawrinka, yes both have a liking for clay, but Andy relishes pressure and the big matches and I think we will see that in him, plus Stani has not won a singles match in DC yet so the pressure will be on him.

The doubles will be crucial, if GB win that, we have a great chance potentially. But needing another player to beat Wawrinka I can't see us winning.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Federer_Express said:
This guy just says things and can't do anything, I can talk too, but I won't be no.1 in Tennis!
Hum....Wawrinka sure is gifted enough to say these "things" as he's higher ranked than Andy as well and his confidence got boosted over the last few months due to his success, so I'm more than excited about that teenage-clash between them ;-)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
I'm quite confident Andy can beat Wawrinka, yes both have a liking for clay, but Andy relishes pressure and the big matches and I think we will see that in him, plus Stani has not won a singles match in DC yet so the pressure will be on him.

The doubles will be crucial, if GB win that, we have a great chance potentially. But needing another player to beat Wawrinka I can't see us winning.
lol, murray hasnt even played a singles rubber! the pressure will be on murray much more than stan, because he knows he can rely on federer to get 2 wins and if murray loses then its tie over and he knows that. the gb team will be much more nervous than the swiss in the murray/stan rubber.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Who says Federer will win all his 2 singles? He can get injured:ras: He can have a bad day:p I think Murray is able to beat Wawrinka, but if he's ready to do so, I'm not sure.... But he'll fight, that's for sure and I think we'll see an Andy Murray we never saw before:worship: He'll give everything he has and that's a lot:rocker2:

21 - 40 of 230 Posts