Mens Tennis Forums banner

Looking Forward To...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
24,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeds dropping, Gulbis 2015 and Youzhny 2015 winning, 3 Qualifiers in the R16, only Nishikori-Goffin the seed vs. seed battle, is this the end of tennis, haha. :spit:

Just like past tournaments where a bulk of seeds or few seeds qualify, I'm going to ask: which are you looking forward the most too and who do you think has the best chance to win their matches?

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I'm looking forward to the Tsonga-Tomic and Goffin-Nishikori matches. Should be good.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,912 Posts
Nishikori-Goffin, followed by Djokosock, then Tsonga-Tomic, and might have small peak at Isner-Kyrgios when it goes to TB time.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Also, any reactions to why so many top players are out right now? :lol:
Just getting acquainted with the hard courts again... probably order will be restored by Cinci or USO at the latest.
Although some seeds have had a very busy season up to this point, so stamina issues are about to show up sooner than later.

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,912 Posts
Also, any reactions to why so many top players are out right now? :lol:
In part coming back, many haven't played for few weeks and you got conditions and stuff going on in NA. But also some matchups are tossups to begin with

[3] Stan out - looked like he was struggling.
[5] Raonic - easy to understand, Karlovic ain't a rhythm player and Raonic seems rusty after foot surgery still.
[6] Berdych - ok shocking but he never does well here anyway
[7] Cilic - his Washington SF is misleading at best. Struggled well against Zverev and even Chung, and was given an easy first set by Kei. Afterwards he didn't have anything. Tomic can have moments of sheer brilliance when focused with his unorthodox game.
[9] Simon. A weird one for me. Maybe he's injured?
[15] Monfils. Way too oo passive in that TB.
In a way I hope for Nishikori he can take advantage of his own building form to be ready for USO

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I'm going today with my GF guaranteed for the afternoon session, but would love to stay for the night session if my friend who helps run the tourney can grab me some free passes.

I'll definitely watch the beginning of Djokovic vs. Sock, although I'm pretty sure Sock will be crushed after yesterday's match and offer much resistance. Definitely watching my favourite Gulbis play and hopefully be able to put 3 wins together for the first time this season. Would also like to see Youzhny vs. Nadal because the Colonel is one of my older favs and its nice to see him regain some form.

·
24,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am quite shocked about Berdych's elimination, and disappointing that Raonic and Wawrinka are both injured while Cilic not sure what happened there but Tomic is a tough customer and Cilic is still relatively struggling.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
toronto in wta is the same :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts