Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the first time I saw Rafa cry as being a big moment in how much I care about his career. Crying after big wins really establishes a deeper connection with your fans in my opinion.

Now I am not saying that this is the only reason but I do feel that it is significant that Djokovic simply never cries after his big wins.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I remember the first time I saw Rafa cry as being a big moment in how much I care about his career. Crying after big wins really establishes a deeper connection with your fans in my opinion.

Now I am not saying that this is the only reason but I do feel that it is significant that Djokovic simply never cries after his big wins.
Why would one cry after the win? It's more logical to cry after a very tough loss, which he did at the last Olympics

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
So, for you it's more logical to cry when you have done something good at your work? 🤔
If you dont get it then its a safe bet that there is the same connection why Nole isnt liked.

Reactions: Gambler_3

·
King Of Tennis
3,239 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts

So, given the fact that evidence of happy tears is presented, we're now left with insignificant reasons

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It is because djokovic dominantes the intangibles of the game.. such as momentum, elasticity, court coverage and just rarely do UE when he is on.

Nadal is intensity, physical display, ruthless. Roger is effortless, textbook technique , class.

So the strengths of the other two of the big 3 are easier to point out , more flashy, and hence attract more fans and haters at the same time. If didn't help much that nole started becoming a serious contender , number 1 and dominating when the other 2 names were heavily stablishes

By end of 2010 Federer had 16 slams 17 m1000 5 wtf. By the same time Nadal had 9 slams, 18 m1000 and olympic singles gold. By that time Djokovic had 1 gs , 1 yec and 5 m1000..

A third wheel is always harder to fit on the bycicle frame..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Roger is effortless, textbook technique , class.
This is the most ridiculous PR crap. What class? He's not a single bit more classy than Nadal or Djokovic. The fact that press is constantly repeating such narrative doesn't make it true.

A third wheel is always harder to fit on the bycicle frame..
This sums it up perfectly

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
as a side note, I wonder if Borg ever cried after his wins?
Borg, however thrifty of his emotions, was rather demonstrative during his titles at Wimbledon, in particular the first and the last and we must not forget that of his 5 titles in a row, 3 were very disputed, in 5 sets, with delicate moments
Connors 77
Tanner 79
McEnroe 80
(also sometimes during the 2 weeks)

Much less at RG ...

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
Why do Nole's emotions look fake lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would say his sportsmanship, but recently his cringey 'please like me' routine takes the cake.

What he lacks Roger and Rafa have in abundance. As a result, he's in their shadow.

Thus, his 17 GS's read more like 7 or 8 when compared to the other greats.

However, I am still holding out hope for him. Once he gets out of his own way I suspect he will be more widely embraced.

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
the main reason is he is classless and acts like a thug

see when he wanted to fight a fan during a practice season. see when he hit a lineswoman with a ball

see his football hooligan. see his fake MTOs when losing

i honestly tried to like him but those thing make it so impossible. and they also make him belong to a different category than roger and rafa. and that will not change

1 - 20 of 35 Posts