• Nobody

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scary thought, right? ;) But it will happen eventually..Who will the Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray fans go for then? I must admit I don't think the banter will ever be nearly as good when these guys are gone..

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
I suspect many people thought tennis was dead when Borg, Johnny Mac and Connors retired. There is always someone to root for and to dislike. A few characters will emerge in the next five years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't choose them, they choose themselves. Once upon a time it was Edberg. Then when the Aussie guys started winning it was Rafter, then Hewitt. In the beginning, the only thing I realy loved about Rafa was that he could beat the Fed. Somewhere between Wimbledon 2008 & Australian Open 2009, there was no debate. Nadal was the one for me and always will be until he retires (or something drug-related unfortunately comes to light). At the point, I have no idea who will command my attention.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It will be nice to follow tennis without a favourite player after so many years.

I think Dimitrov is the next big thing and I've been very impressed with Thanasi Kokkinakis and Nick Kyrgios. Del Potro is a player easy to root for. Actually hard not to. I would enjoy Dolgopolov a lot more if he wasn't so inconsistent. I love his unpredictability and his whipping FH but it pisses me off how he's able to throw matches away in a matter of seconds.

New stars and new tards will arise.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Other players
Just like after the retirement of Safin and Roddick

·
Registered
498 Posts
It would be fun to see what happens to MTF if something like a big 8 would arise after the big 4 has retired. We would get all these splinter groups of tards and haters.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I'll probably pick Tomic. He's just waiting for this guys to retire before proving his brilliance.
This. Also I'll probably support a lot someone like Kyrgios. And all the portuguese players as always.

But will be a major blow for me as soon as Nadal retires. I won't stop watching tennis, though, as it's a great sport and will definetly be my first sport as soon as my football teams start to suck (lol, jk).

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'll stop watching men's tennis and support females in short skirts. Who needs power shots anyway?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Too early to say.

I like a lot of the younger players already, but I'm not particularly attached to any of them, so the odds are I won't take huge interest in anyone new while the current top guys are still in the mix.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Dimitrov

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
how long you have been watching tennis? 8 years? come on, every decade had these kind of players and they were replaced by some others, a litle bit better/worst but still the same kind of top player. If you like tennis only because of these players you are in the wrong place, you need to love tennis first, then players.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts