Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is Djokovic still favourite to win Wimbledon?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? Is Djokovic still the man to beat at Wimbledon, or will his unexpected drubbing in the RG final leave a mark?

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Isn't the first time he went to Wimbledon after a disappointment at RG. Djokovic - Murray - Federer as joint favourites for the title.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Yes, I think so. But he's not an overwhelming favourite, by any means. Similar to 2013.

The extra week also gives players a better chance to adapt to grass-courts -- that could work in favour of the top players. I predict we'll see fewer upsets at Wimbledon as a result.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Murray is IMO

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
If Murphy took Djokovic to 5 sets on clay then the Serb must be pretty worried about Wimbledon chances.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Hopefully Djokovic is favorite for every slam from now on if this is how he handles the pressure :haha: Rafa was onto something by constantly proclaiming himself the underdog

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
lol of course he is. He was the favorite last year also when he lost RG F.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had Murray as the fave before the RG final. I now have him as joint fave with Djokovic.
I am surprised you don't think Murray's chances are even better now. His match against Djokovic was no walk in the park for Djoker. I noticed that Murray has some unforgivable mental lapses though, and that's something he has to work on.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hopefully Djokovic is favorite for every slam from now on if this is how he handles the pressure :haha: Rafa was onto something by constantly proclaiming himself the underdog
:hatoff:

·
Registered
767 Posts
who cares ? stan will win it

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Depends. He matches up well with Murray these days but if Murray doesn't have to play him then he is the big favourite. He might have a slump after this crushing loss though.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Djokovic is paper favourite but I'd put Murray over him.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
it will be between murray and fed

i think nole will be way crushed and not focused after this year RG.

he really gave it all when he win murray and rafa

1 - 20 of 64 Posts