1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
668 Posts
Why is Rafa still playing Halle? He said he stopped playing Queens IIRC because of the tax regulations problems or something which I think now isn't a problem. He played Wueens both times he won Wimby, plus there is less travelling etc.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
He has a contract with Halle for 3 years, so there's that.

I love seeing Nadal on grass. But there's been so little of it the last 3 years :sad:. Would give anything to see him retire with one last Wimbledon trophy.

·
Registered
668 Posts
He has a contract with Halle for 3 years, so there's that.

I love seeing Nadal on grass. But there's been so little of it the last 3 years :sad:. Would give anything to see him retire with one last Wimbledon trophy.
11,12, 13? Or does 13 not count? Hope he comes back to Queens next year (if he is still fit). Was epic seeing him twice in 2010.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Rafa to play Dusting Brown in Halle. The match will most likely be on Thursday, but I am still not convinced Rafa will play Halle.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Rafa is determined to play in Halle (Germany).

Official tournament website: http://www.gerryweber-open.de/gwo_en

The draw, Rafa expected to play not before Thursday:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2014/500/mds.pdf

Kohli or JJ in the 2nd rd could be trouble but hope he can get in a few matches. :)

As Rafa said, the organization is perfect, the courts are geat, and the main court is covered. :D
It is QF :)

My thoughts really.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
great, great if we can have that wimby too :drool:

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
LOL Mimi, we are two greedy ladies, no? :lol:
Just think, with that AO he would have 15 GS titles already!

Btw the ATP site also says like Eurosport is showing Halle when in fact they aren't. :shrug:

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
LOL Mimi, we are two greedy ladies, no? :lol:
Just think, with that AO he would have 15 GS titles already!

Btw the ATP site also says like Eurosport is showinf Halle when in fact they aren't. :shrug:
yeah, hate to think about this but f**k, he should have 15 slams by now if wawa was not playing liked god and him having blisters and back injury :fiery:

Eurosport is showing Queen in my city but not Halle :wavey:

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let's not turn into Federer fans here people. 14 Slams is just wonderful and way more than I ever could have dreamed (though obviously a 15th at Wimbledon would be just lovely too :D).
LOL I'm absolutely fine with Rafa's career, just that this AO final was so tragic, hard to get over it. ;) And I don't want to say that Wawa didn't deserve the title, he was better on that day as simple as that.
14 is a lovely number, for me much prettier that 13. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th btw, and full moon here. :scared: :unsure:

yeah, hate to think about this but f**k, he should have 15 slams by now if wawa was not playing liked god and him having blisters and back injury :fiery:

Eurosport is showing Queen in my city but not Halle :wavey:
Oh you also have Eurosport. Yes the ES International 1 and 2 that are supposed to show Halle of course show only Queen's as usual.

Rafa vs Dustin Brown should start soon. :bounce: :bigclap: :cheerleader:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yesssss Rafa finally you are thinking smart by tanking this match. I hoped he would. Now go rest champ, take good care of that precious body and be physically ready in 2 weeks.

Enjoy your well deserved rest and see u at W.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Yesssss Rafa finally you are thinking smart by tanking this match. I hoped he would. Now go rest champ, take good care of that precious body and be physically ready in 2 weeks.

Enjoy your well deserved rest and see u at W.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I hope it's a tank.We can only speculate on it though.Rafa would be entering Wimbledon with almost no match practice.:(

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
It wasn't a tank. Rafa doesn't tank. He always wants to do well and he wanted to do better on grass this year, but obviously there was a limit to how well he could adjust to the change of surface so quickly and a limit to how well recovered he would be physically and mentally from RG (which only gets harder with age).

Anyway, nothing much he or anyone can do when a guy is playing go-for-broke tennis like that on grass and everything is going in, so... meh. Physically he looked ok and I don't think this means anything for Wimbledon. Needs a kind draw for the first couple rounds, but that was always the case. Have a good rest up champ :yeah:

1 - 20 of 273 Posts