Mens Tennis Forums banner

321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Beautiful thread contributing to the throughout analysis of the game and its psychological aspects.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
you seem to suggest that the coin toss is a banal thing lol....

It is like saying if you have a flush go all in and you win at poker always. This is a sophisticated mental art form! Federer knows how to use to toss for his advantage like few (Nadal :lol: )
He literally won the game before it even started. owned Roanic at the toss and safely served it home from there.:sport:
World Tour Finals: This time Federer won the toss and confidently decided that this time he would serve first, get a lead, and stay on top of Raonic's throat for the set. He indeed held serve and then broke Raonic straight away and Federer never looked back with a breadstick in the first set, and then bageled one of the top servers in the game in the 2nd set tiebreak. It was the first tiebreak bagel loss in Raonic's career on hard court on the main tour.

One could just tell that losing that coin toss was in the back of Raonic's mind during the opening set and especially the tie-breaker. :shrug: Did anyone see the look he gave after it came up in Federer's favor? :cool:

Let's see what happens at the 2015 Australian Open.
The coin toss...it's money in the bank to those who know how to use it...

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Re: Why is the coin toss so underrated?

for the life of me i cannot understand why on earth nadal chooses to receive when he has lost all 4 sets on clay getting broken when serving to stay in the set. yet he does the same in the wimbledon final and does the same shit in the very first set. what a fool.

gutless, spineless and cowardly.
not willing to take up a challenge.

i hope novak keeps beating him until he changes his bullshit superstitions.
i hope novak beats him 20 times in a row.
:haha: What happened to this tool anyway?

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Has tio Toni managed to teach his disciple the intricacies concerning the coin toss? Has Nadal taken these lessons to heart or will he choke on the toss and irreparably blemish his career? Has Becker taught Djokovic to stay clear of the net while the toss goes on? Stay tuned...

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Secret to success. Does Federers greater experience on tour give him an edge with regards to handling the psychological nuances of the coin toss over his younger peers?
I believe so.

Check this out!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
As expected, Fed won the coin toss, and elected to receive, causing Chung to selfdestruct, knowing that his fate was sealed anyways

321 - 327 of 327 Posts