Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breaking the tradition or following the WTA on court coaching footsteps, this seems to be working with the stats on the coach's ipad point by point, advises, strategy etc.
I am sure it helped like from Demon who came back from a set & a break down and win in 3, not once, but TWICE. Other than having support from the team and crowd, having Hewitt by his side game by game obviously gave him a huge boost who is known for fighting for every point till the last regardless of the scoreline. At the same time, Alex seem to have some kind of magic spell who was able to frustrate Zverev & Shapovalov respectively and drain their mentality in the later stage of the match.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It's not really in the WTA tradition, on court coaching has always been a thing in team tennis and I think you're right, Alex was barely holding on towards the start of both matches but he eventually frustrated his opponents into submission.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Almost everyone does it one point on another. Make it legal and 1 less rule violation out the door.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
It's very different being coached by your full time coach and your team captain. Your full time coach probably knows a lot more.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Yeah it is , it's not just the team captain but team play too . You can get a fresh perspective free of charge and live from someone like Hewitt who does know a thing or two or from team mate . That can only be useful . Team play favored evidently Zverev last year for what came later on . The help is there for those that can use it .

·
Registered
472 Posts
Breaking the tradition or following the WTA on court coaching footsteps, this seems to be working with the stats on the coach's ipad point by point, advises, strategy etc.
I am sure it helped like from Demon who came back from a set & a break down and win in 3, not once, but TWICE. Other than having support from the team and crowd, having Hewitt by his side game by game obviously gave him a huge boost who is known for fighting for every point till the last regardless of the scoreline. At the same time, Alex seem to have some kind of magic spell who was able to frustrate Zverev & Shapovalov respectively and drain their mentality in the later stage of the match.
A Demon is a supernatural being prevalent historically in religion, occultism, literature, fiction, mythology, and folklore;

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was watching the Bulgaria match last night, and the coach, who I believe is Grigor's coach was very active and was doing a good job of motivating the young Bulgarian team.

I think that with an inexperienced team it's absolutely beneficial.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts