Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which slam produces the best SF/F (last 5-10 years)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last 5-10 years in your opinion which slam has produced the most classic Semi finals and finals?

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

Had me thoroughly confused for a while.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
None of the above.

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Either the USO or the AO.

Djokovic v del Potro is pretty much the only good Wimbledon semi final of the last decade. Some great finals there though obviously.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Anything buy RG can make a good case. AO is my vote.
This. RG this year didn't produce a single match that I can even recall now. Not on the men's side anyway.

The other 3 have had some epic finals and semis but I wouldn't want to rank them. Of course they have had all had their duds though. This Wimbledon final was the best final since Wimbledon 2012, there hasn't been a great one since then until now.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
This. RG this year didn't produce a single match that I can even recall now. Not on the men's side anyway.

The other 3 have had some epic finals and semis but I wouldn't want to rank them.
Federer losing to Trashbis, of all people, was quite epic

There's embarrassing, then there's that

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
AO: Verdasco-Nadal and Nadal-Djokovic are matches of the century. Then you have Nadal-Federer and Djokovic-Murray. Djokovic-Federer as well.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Australian Open in my opinion.

It's after the off-season so most players come in motivated, rested and without any lingering injuries. Shows for sure in R1-R4 (Compare to US Open)

but it usually shows in SF/F too. That's only 3 matches though so I prefer comparing the early rounds

1 - 20 of 25 Posts